• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is my band too tight?

hollywood30

Hi all had my fill on wednesday. I now have 6.5ml in a 10ml band. I am supposed to be on mushy foods now but I am really struggling, If i make fake mash that goes down fine, as do yoghurts. But anythink even slightly thicker like proper mashed potato just causes me loads of pain and bringing up bile etc till it passes. I ate 3 crackers with spread cheese before and took me an hour for them to finally get down because they were stook. I dont understand it because I chewed until it was mush :( Is my band too tight? I definately wont be able to go onto normal food tomorrow like i supposed to be x

Crackers arent mushy food!

It sounds like you have irritated your pouch by pushing it a bit too far.

My suggestion would be to go back to liquids for a day or two then re introduce mushy food - slowly though.

After a fill Im on liquids for the rest of the fill day plus two more, 3 days of mushy and then with caution 'normal' food. This always worked fine for me.

Now that you do have some restriction you really need to slow down even more xx

no I know they arent mushy foods but I just thought if you chewed it to the max it turns mushy? I will go back to just liquids for now and see how it goes,thanks :( Xx

Everything would turn to mushy but it doesnt mean you should eat it, sorry if that sounds harsh but its really not worth pushing things.

You may get away with it, you could end up being sick once or you could really irritate your pouch so much that you cant even keep liquids down.

Take care xx

It's not how much u chew I think it's more about the consistency of the food , I can't eat a cheese string any more or hummus but can eat crackers which u think would be harder , strange these bands of ours xx

Yep they are very strange, I can eat them asda mash snack pots which are fake mash but cant eat normal mash LOL Craaaaazy ! X

I'm the same with mash love the asda ones there fab,I'm a bit scared ti try stuff at moment as since fill my pouch is sore been 5 days but it feels bit better today , hope u feel ok xx

Well atleast you feel better today that must be a good sign. The nurse made it sound like id be eating normal by tomorrow, no chance of that happening ha! Oh welllllllll :( XX

Same here to be honest can't see me eating very well anytime soon , acid reflux pain or golf ball syndrome as I like too call it is still v bad but as I've been too dentist today and it feels like she's pulled my head off, my tooth hurts more then the reflux so at least I got that too take my mind off it lol :( x

no way :( Have you spoke to your provider? Surely you shouldnt be in so much pain after 5 days :( I dont think Ive had acid reflux thank god, only problems Im having is when Ive eaten I get a bad pain an then it just comes back up xx

Not yet thought it might go away if I ignored it :( if it's no better by Monday I'm going too give them a call and see what they say as at the moment I'm taking me meds for it and heaps of gaviscon and it's not really doing much :( , don't want them too think I'm a moaney Mary but its driving me mad x

I can imagine, its doing my head in now and its only been a few days. You will be ok, if monday comes and you are still in pain phone them up and they may unfill it a bit. Thats what Ill do too, if its no better by tuesday ill phone up xx

Funny how we both on second fill with 6.5 in 10ml band and this has happened ? Yeah I think I give them a call if it not better along with the bloody dentist if my tooths no better lol x

lol, im only on my first fill :( I had 4ml put in at surgery but felt no different x

Take it at your own pace, listen to your body. It doesn't always run on your provider's schedule. If you're not ready for more solid food, you're not ready. Give yourself a few more days for the swelling and irritation to go down and take it from there :)

I was told 24h liquids, 24h soft and then solids again but I had to stay on a mix of soft and liquid for a couple extra days because even softer solid food was seriously sticking and IT HURT lol. And I'm a fast healer at that.

hollywood30 said:
lol, im only on my first fill :( I had 4ml put in at surgery but felt no different x

I had 4 in during the surgery too and I didn't really feel much difference except sometimes something would stick. I'm now on my second fill and at 6 and starting to feel the restriction so be patient, you'll get there eventually. I think I might have room for .5 or 1 more mL to the right restriction for me but have to wait a few more weeks for my next fill appointment,

thanks thump, yer i definately feel different now im at 5.5ml, i cant even eat soft foods yet, if im still not able to keep soft foods down im phoning up and telling them x

Ive eaten 3 quarters of a scrambled egg today and havent brought it back up YET, so fingers crossed :) X

Back