• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Time of work post op

Curls40

Hello can anyone tell me how long they have had off work after surgery please?
I have asked in several posts in general conversion ,but no one has replied.
I'm having a mini gastric bypass at the spire southampton in September,having my bloods done on the 18th sep,
My jobs involves heavy lifting and physical work,so I'm expecting to be off about six weeks,busy shifts.
Anyone with any advice would Be helpful.
I'm 40 in four days, and having a party tomorrow to celebrate my last blow out as after September I will not be touching alcohol ,liver diet starts I'm not doing the milk diet I had the choice, luckily.
Scared , excited .mixed feelings,x

Hi Curis,

Firstly good luck! :)

I had a bypass on 9th July, I work in a call centre so my job is easy compared to yours... I ended up having 3 weeks off post op.

Hope this helps.

Sam,

Thank you for your reply ,
How have you been since surgery ?
Are you on puréed or mashed foods yet?
Im on my feet for 7 soild. Hours and get up at 4:30am for work, so want to be filled healed before I return to work,

Hi,

I've been ok since, thanks. I started soft foods on Wednesday (it was meant to be another week but my dietician said that since I seemed to be doing ok on puree it was ok to move on.)

I had 4 weeks liquid, 1 week puree, 3 weeks soft. Back to "normal" foods at 8 weeks post op.

I hope it all goes well for you, any questions just ask.. I've found there's always someone on here who knows the answer!

What vitamins have you brought, I'm going to stock up soon, as tesco have 3 for 2 offer ,
Don't take them normally, but I understand I will hAve too after op.

Back