• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Time off work

Dollyloulou1980

Hi

I was just wondering how much time people have had off work after having a band.

I am having mine next weds may 18th and I'm back at work on the Monday.

I am pretty much sat down all day at work and have bought myself some flat pumps so I'm not bouncing up & down as much as I do in my heels ha ha

Also how long do most people leave it after having op to get up & about.

Oh and has anyone else had dr ahktar at the bmi hospital in Rochdale through wls???

All hints and tips pre and post op will be much appreciated.

Thanks x :)

Hi there,

I had my op last Thursday (5th) and have had all this off, back on monday. I sit at a desk all day at work. I feel fine sat down but if I walk too far or do to much I feel ropey. I would take another week off if you can. I booked my time off as hold.

Sharon x

I would say 3 weeks taking it easy helped me feel like brand new now. Doctor told me to get out & walk as soon as I could it helps with the trapped wind x

I work for myself as a waxing technician and I am very busy with regular clients doing brows to toes and 'everything' in between lol!

I tend to have spend lots of my day standing but nothing really physical but a fair bit of bending and stretching.

Would you say I would be ok to consider returning to work (on a part time basis at first) in a couple of weeks after my op or would you think I might need longer?

At least working for myself I can pick and choose the times I work, but I don't want to loose too many regular clients if they get fed up of waiting.

I am a stay at home mum and my hubby went back to work at 5 days post op and i had to look after a 5yr old (easy) but also a difficult 1yr old who isn't yet walking!
It was difficult, i was tired, but the bending, lifting, cooking, cleaning, shopping and constant attention required by a one year old hasn't harmed me. Also my surgeon said "by Monday you will be driving and back to normal life"
So i was!!

If i had the choice i think i would have had the whole week off, as by yesterday (1 week since op) i felt much less tired and back to normal
HTH
Claire

I had three weeks of works after my band was fitted and i did the school run the next day after op but someone else drove me there i just wanted my boys no i was still there mum and could do the same things as before

Hope this helps x

I had my op on the Tuesday at 6pm and I went back to work the following Monday. If I am honest I was OK but another week would have made a big difference to how I felt. I would wait til the day before you have to go back and see how you are before you decide. Dont be afraid to put yourself first
Good luck whatever you decide
Jo XX

Hi Dollyloulou

Khurshid Akhtar fitted my band for me - you will be in safe hands.

As to how much time you wil need off work, that depends on you. Everyone is different.

I had my op on a Saturday and was back at work after taking 5 working days off.

Good luck x

hi dolly, i went back to work 6 days after my op. everyone is different. see how u feel after the op. every day makes a huge difference. take whatever it takes, at 6 days post op, i wasnt completely ready, i was a bit weak and still sore, but noone noticed so i carried on.
take care xx

Back