• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Time of work

teen

post op loser
Was just wondering how long people had off work after there open gastric bypass, I have had 4 weeks went Dr yesterday and he has given me another 6 weeks. Does it depend on the type of work you do, I am a support worker so I have to use hoists and it can be heavy work, but at the moment I can not stand for long or sit for long as my back starts to hurt(not got a bad back)

Everyone is different but with what you do I would say that is why he has given you longer. Take it easy and enjoy your time off you might not get the chance again...xx

its usually 6 weeks minimum for surgery but with your work uptp 3 months. 2 of our family support worters have had hystorectomys and occupational health insists on 12 weeks.
hth
hc

phew cause I seen people on here going back at 4 weeks. Im 4 weeks and I still can not function properly

i know but most of us have had it done keyhole and the recovery is a lot quicker then. I had my gall bladder out open surgery and each day i set myself little goals. walk to the end of the rodad, then round the block then 2 blocks etc
listen to yr body and rest when you need too
hc

Back