• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Time off work

Vonone

Hi, can I ask on average how long did you take off from work. I was told 3 - 4 weeks. Just planning my future home/ work life balance :):):)

My job would not allow me back that soon I will be interested to know the outcome of how long people had off

Cheryl

I am a nurse , have just gone back after 6 weeks . Was knackered first couple of shifts .

I have had 7 weeks off n first shift back tomorro am a mental health nurse working in forensics so take a bit longer than normal i thhink will let u know how first shift goes lol x

I have a lot of lifting in my job. So my boss said I had to take 6 weeks off to be 100%

But I was well more than ready to go back after 2 weeks, all depends on ur job.
If I was in an office then I would have took 2 weeks off maybe less

Thanks everyone so far, glad I posted. Will keep watching, let us no how you get on. I work in safeguarding so do a lot of meetings and training and although based in an office am in and out all the time. Pre op diet at work difficult because I feel as though lacking in get up and go. Hugs to you all x

I do a mainly desk based job. My surgeon advised that I would be off for about three weeks, but to be aware that I would not be up to full speed when I return. I am lucky and will be able to work from home if necessary.

I had seven weeks (including Xmas break). Then back on phased return using annual leave for three weeks. Luckily I had reduced my work to 42 working weeks - so nice steady return! Good luck with your recovery x

I'm office based, but in charge of a team of 7 so they can be quite demanding!! I have booked off 3 weeks but hoping to go back after 2 x

Holliepop we have same surgery date - one week it will all be over - well the waiting x

I've been to see Gp and he say's 4 weeks. This morning keeping occupied, weekends so hard. I've found out how to put a ticker on and also got my prepaid prescriptions set up. Better go and do some house work now as I won't be doing any next week will I xx

Back