• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

feeling so down

christine77

sorry i havent been on much in recent weeks, have been trying to sort myself out and pull myself together .
i dont know whats wrong with me at the moment i just feel so down and fed up with everything. i have suffered with depression in the past but this doesnt feel like previous bouts . i can usually put my finger on what triggers these feelings but this time i cant , im happy with my weight loss journey the weight is still coming off, much to my doctors surprise and it wont be long until i hopefully get my op ( feb/ march next year ) .

everything is normal at home so nothing there that could effect me and work well thats just work although i am getting some very negative comments off my boss about my future op and shes doing everything she can to make it impossible for me to get any time off before now and then , why should i have time off when i could be off for up to 6 weeks was todays comment.

sorry to moan, i know lots of you have much more than this on your plates and are fine - it must just be the winter blues . will be my happy self again soon i promise xx

Oh Christine you have a really good moan it will do you good.

I am sorry to hear you are feeling down. Have you been to the doctors, you may need a little help. Dont struggle on your own.

You employer isnt helping, she is probably jealous and is something you will have to work through.

I do hope you can lift yourself a bit, but if not please go to the doctors. hun.

Big hugs. xxx

Oh lovey, these things are sent to try us. Do you think its got anything to do with being on the list for surgery. Iv been really down the past few months because of waiting and worrying about surgery, as well as other things as well.

You need understanding people around you and your boss isnt being very helpful is she.
I hope your mood lifts very soon love and you start feel yourself again soon. xxxx

hey sweeets , its ok to have a good old moan! your only human :).... im giving a massive kelly hug....

i would say having someone sniping at you constantly is enough to get anyone down.... id just try and rise above it she is prob abit bitter and jealous like some people get over people having wls.....

were all here for you sweets, not long till your op and your doing fab! xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry you're feeling so low sweety. Come on now, buck up! you cheered me up so much last week. Big hugs. xxxxx

Id say its quite normal to get down sometimes and with work (the nagging) and worry about the up coming surgery its even more likely that you would get down. Im sure given a few days you will start to feel more positive. Think about all the good things that will happen when you have the surgery, all the lovely shopping in normal shops lol. You have loads of things to be happy about, sometimes we just forget what they are (HUGS) XX

Hi Christine
so sorry to here you are feeling down, you have great support from everyone on here. You have so much to look forward to, I agree with Dot.
Tomorrows a new day.
I have not had my op yet either, and my boss has been the same. Think about yourself and dont let them put you under pressure.

Hugs

Mitz xx

Sorry you are feeling so down Christine. I went through something a bit like you whilst awaiting surgery. I think it's the unknown waiting period and anxiety about a life changing event. My wait wasn't compounded by an unfeeling and selfish boss. Your boss wouldn't have a weight problem herself by any chance?

Have you been to see your GP and told him how you feel? Could your moods be affected by the darker nights etc? Have you any other interests other than work or home as this can also affect how you feel. I am sending you lots of healing hugs and love.

Rebirthxx

Oh hun I'm sorry you're feeling so low. One thing I've learned about depression is that it doesn't always have a cause or root. Sometimes you sink low for nothing at all - we can't control how we feel.

As for your boss .... *****! Maybe she is jealous? I wouldn't even give her the benefit of rising to her comments. Well actually I would - I would slap the mare but I don't advise you do that ;) When she starts just think how good you will feel in six months time when you're slim and confident and her comments at this time mean nothing any more.

I cant add much more that what the others have said hun...but I want to send you a virtual hug ...dotty is right...it will get better...xxxx

Chris, it could be several factors getting you down. Time of year, stressing about Xmas, then the added stress of your ogre of a boss. My advice is to keep a diary of all of her comments just as a safeguard!! But she is obviously jealous & that's her problem not yours. Just think by the end of March you could be back to work after having your op!!

We'll be skinny minnies for the summer & wearing 'Daisy Duke' cut off jeans with our roller boots (I've already got a pair ;)). You know where I am if I can do anything!

My boss is just as unhelpful and sometimes I think He needs shooting at his level of empathy, but I also know that the fact he is so negative makes me feel really low and down and really quite pessimistic. But then I have to think, you know what the hell does he know, he knows nothing, all he knows is what his selfish little mind lets him know, that he has to probably function without me for a few weeks, and oh deary me if he can't cope that long I must be BLOODY AMAZING!!!

Chin up hun, take a deep breath - it will get better...

~tons of cyber hugs~

Hope that today things don't seem as dark for you Chris. Sending uplifting thoughts and hugs.

Rebirthxx

thanks all, i was talking to hubbie last night after i posted this and we are in agreement it is all stemming from work.

in the past few days alone she has told me i cant have any of the kids holdiays off next year apart from 2 weeks in summer , i cant have my op at the end of feb because she needs me to do the imputting after stock take, i must have my op and be back at work for middle of May cos she has booked 3 weeks in Florida and she isnt missing her holiday for anyone and the one thats really getting me down today is the fact that todays is my sons harvest festival hes only 5 and has a little song where he sings a solo bit and she wont let me finish early to go and see it and hubbie cant get time off either hes on a course so my son has noone going to see him . i wonder care if she didnt have kids of her own but she has 2 only she believes you have to put work first even before your kids.

just not sure what to do about if i approach her all she says is to stop moaning i should be gratefull i still have a job - which i am, i had 16 girls who worked for me in my team and they were all made redundent leaving me to do it all myself !!!

thinks its time to look for pastures new.

thanks for the support all xxxxxxxxxxx

I agree, a job..........any job isnt worth putting your health and happiness at stake. Look for something new, and look after you (HUGS) XX p.s. she sounds a right orrible moo! (and thats being polite!!)

Hia Christine sweetheart. Your boss sounds like a total bully and she CAN'T stop you from having your surgery. What a miserable old moo!
Fancy not letting you go see your son...oooooooo I want to swing for her!:mad:

You're worth better than this appalling treatment darling. You're such a lovely person. You deserve to work for someone who appreciates you. Big hugs. xxxxxx

Chris, this is why I said for you to keep a diary! She is a bully. Keep a diary then if need be go to manager above her!!

It is a pre-planned operation & there is nothing the company can do. My own manager told me that as I was worried about my sickness etc., as our company is quite strict about it. However, they have been really supportive about it & offered me to go back on half hours for few weeks but on full pay!! I'm amazed but refused as I need overtime for Xmas.

Are you a member of any union?

Hi hun if you feel she is treating you differently to your co-workers - or being particularly difficult, it maybe that she is actually bullying you.

have a word with ACAS - Acas - Home or look through their site, they offer great advice.

My boss one tried to stop me from going to the dr's in work time, i spoke to Acas and with the support of one of the superior people at work sorted it out. They were brilliant!

As parents we are entitled to flexi hours and the employer to say no has to give a dam good reason for it, we are entitled to alot of things most employers dont realize.

Dont let her grind you down

~hugs~

omg, who does your boss thinks she is?????
you and your family are more important than the job!! she cant dictate to you when you can have your op, if it was me i would go sick the day before her holiday, lol,

Back