• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tiredness/carbs

Sarahj2710

I finally got my blood test results back today, and everything is as it should be. Little bit stressed with this as I am constantly tired and am sleeping 12/15 hours per day, and thought I would be deficient in something. My hubby thinks it may be because I am not getting enough energy from my foods, I generally set my target for 800 calories, but usually manage 600/700. So today I have upped my carb intake, and have had 79g of carbs in the form of 2 rivita's and 2 crackers for snacks. Is this too much ? I feel really full now, even though still only eaten 700 calories, hope I've not damaged my pouch by eating to much.:confused:

It does take time for your body to heal. For me the tiredness never went until 3months. I found increasing the carbs helped and drinking more water as I was a bit dehydrated.

I some time get tired when I eat certain foods.

THink sometimes just our bodies coming to terms with the fact it has to operate the same way but on a lot less food/fuel, thats why we are cold as well as tired everyones body is different and we all experience similar things some may vary from pereson to person, hair loss is another most people lose some others lose a lot, just your body sorting its self out I am over ayear post now and still have some tired periods, exercising gives you a boost of the feel good factor, plenty fluids n fresh air help too. Varied diet, fruit veg, protein n carbs, keep it balanced and it will right itself. xx

Now I could be wrong, but I'm sure it takes more energy to move a bigger body around than it does a smaller one, hence why you loose more weight in the first year or so than after. But what I'm learning from all of you is you need to listen to what your body is telling you. So if 4 crackers feels too much try 3, 3.5. Give that a while and if your energy doesn't increase, look at your diet as a whole, is it balanced? Are you taking all your vitamins? Are you trying to do too much (exercise) too soon? Don't try changing everything at once because then you won't know what worked and don't assume what works for you this time will work the next.

Back