• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

To full for dinner?

Butterfly_lady

Last few days I've been unable to eat my evening meal 2 mouthfuls and I'm stuffed, but I'm fine at brekkie 8.30(ish) (half a yogurt and a tablespoon NaS museli) fine at lunch (1pm ish) today it was home made veg soup with added ham for protein, for dinner I did some BBQ chicken with onions and mushrooms and a salad, I had half a cherry tom then next mouthful was a teeny button mushroom and that was it I was full?!?!

This has happened yesterday and today :sigh: Today I even stopped my cuppa at 4pm to make sure I had room for my dinner at 7pm :confused:

Are you still taking your time chewing? If I eat too fast it can trigger the feeling of restriction

Yea, not doing anything different for dinner/lunch/brekkie :(

It has been nicer the last few days :)

Just think how much weight you will be loosing, I would say as long as you keep your fluids up and try and squeeze in the protein, I wouldn't worry about not eating the rest.

Good luck

I struggle with dense chicken but I'm fine with the tender breast. Yet I can eat a full 6 oz steak Also as Yve indicated when the weather gets warmer some people feel their restriction kick right in there .. I have recently found that it does for me too. Just concentrate on getting the essential protein in and as Katy says keep up the fluids ;) xx

I only eat chicken or my own home cooked gammon/ham, just seems weird how I can eat brekkie and lunch fine but come dinner its a no go, buttttttttttt I will get extra protein in earlier on, I'm not hungry so thats not an issue.

Welllllllllll I think I found the culprit for dinner I always have salad, as I can't eat any more of potato, I don't like pasta, rice & couscous fills me too much, Saturday fella decided to have salad too and he likes his cucumber peeled so as I did it in a big serve yourself bowl I too had it peeled and ate my small bowl of chicken salad, yesterday I had chicken salad and after a few mouthfuls I couldn't manage any more, so just tried salad for lunch with peeled cucumber and managed it :)

Last few days I've been unable to eat my evening meal 2 mouthfuls and I'm stuffed, but I'm fine at brekkie 8.30(ish) (half a yogurt and a tablespoon NaS museli) fine at lunch (1pm ish) today it was home made veg soup with added ham for protein, for dinner I did some BBQ chicken with onions and mushrooms and a salad, I had half a cherry tom then next mouthful was a teeny button mushroom and that was it I was full?!?! This has happened yesterday and today :sigh: Today I even stopped my cuppa at 4pm to make sure I had room for my dinner at 7pm :confused:
butterfly lady do you find you have improved from this now and think it was early days back then or was it a test if your pouch? Can you eat more than this just asking as most people post op seem to say same ... ?

TBH I still struggle to eat an evening meal so I tend to switch lunch/dinner around as at 1pm I can eat ok(ish) so my evening meal is 1/4 chcken breast and a tablespoon of veg, funny old game this WLS isn't it :D

I'm nearly a year out and my appetite lessens as the day goes on. Most evening I can barely manage a tablespoon of whatever I'm having. I don't worry though as I have a good breakfast and lunch xxx

Back