• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

to gym or not to gym that is the question?

Hi all, its been two and a half months since my bypass and its going great. still get the odd rabid dog moments but trying to get me to slow down when im eating is like platting fog. i tryed chocolate the other week and had to lie down for two hours (won't do that again) and peanuts act like exlax so snickers are out for life . But if you don't try you don't know. Anyway i'm thinking of going back to the gym yet again to try to help maintain a high level of weight loss and i was wondering what you all have to say on the subject . have you gone down that route? did it help? did you get to tired? i found i got very tired just before my first vitamin b injection but did a bit of reserch and started taking folic acid shortley after and found it was like taking speed. i was jabbering like a five badge parrot and felt great,wide awake and full of beans. did you use protein supplements? all infomation greatley appreciated.
Al:whacky068::whacky068:

I believe that, because of the level of exercise I have done, this is why my weight continued coming off at a steady rate and why my skin isn't bad at all.

Do it, you'll just get stronger and stronger!

im pre op but i start the gym on saturday! do it - will help you loose weight as well as tone your skin - plus the more you do the more you will want to do - start of slow and work your way up xxxxx

A five badge parrot is a old navy expression for an old timer who can talk for england

Get yourself down the gym!!! It's great for your body after bypass and fab for your confidence, I can now run on the running machine which is pretty amazing for me and something that had me smiling to myself for a week after I had done it for the first time
Just build up slowly and listen to your body, it will let you know if your over doing it
Good luck x

i got an exercise prescription from my doctor - im wondering if you gp could do something similar for you? then if you dont like it you havent lost all that money of joining fees and that!
plus you get a personal trainer! with mine its... 20 sessions at the gym for £22.10 with personal trainer then after that the gym gives you a years free subscription. so makes it alittle cheaper for you!
have a word with your gp hun, its worth a try x

im hoping my personal trainer is male and very fit, lol - thatl keep me going! haha

Cheers Al,Ive been looking at gym and swimming,trying to help the flabby skin after I have surgery.It can only do us good mate!Maz x

Keeley I suspect our mind is on alternative exercise methods you little minx

You really sound as though you've got your head around everything... and I've howled with laughing at your fish and chip shop excursion on your motor bike! Great to be so honest and it's something we're all tempted to do!

Good luck in every respect to a fitter and healthier, happier you!

Love and hugs, Bev xxx

lol - hmmmmmm! bring it on lmao xxx my mums doing it with me too so itl be a competition of who can impress him the most lol

You cannot underestimate the power of exercise (I've just got back from the gym after a 2 hour session tonight). I used to use it when I was diabetic as for some reason after I'd been to the gym my blood sugar used to go down - apparently it helps the pancreas work more efficiently. I stopped going for 6 weeks after my RNY but started again as soon as I got the go ahead from the surgeon. I lost 2.5 stones before my op and I swear a lot of that was from going to the gym. I have borderline hypothyoid (under active thyroid) which my mum had also and so its harder for me to lose weight and I found that exercise made it a bit easier and it seemed to boost my metabolism a bit as well. Go for it, but find something you really like doing and if you do a gym workout keep changing it as the body gets used to it. I do a combination of cardio and resistance training. Good luck!

I have to admit that I am not a gym person. However, I do other forms of exercise which I am convinced has helped with my losses. Whether it is the gym, swimming walking etc it all helps our fitness levels and tones us up. Sorry I don't know about the protein shots but have some bars for busy days.

Rebirthxx

Thank you both Sellap and rebirth for the posative comments. I think i'll be signing up this week.

Back