• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Today is the start of shifting my gained weight!!

emma-louise

my new life!!
Last night..I finally plucked up the courage to jump on those scales!
My clothes have felt tighter and it's not a feeling I like...so enough is enough.
Yes I've gained approx 10lbs back again.....
I gained exactly this amount last time when they weighed me at the baratric clinic.
And I lost it due to the embarrassment of dr ammori pointing it out to me.
Don't get me wrong I'm coming up to 4 years post op in sept,and the dietican is happy Ive gotten to the size I am.
I'm still 12/14,but in all honesty I want to get lower..I've never been able to get to my "ideal".
Which for me is 10 stone...
So I've stopped the little snacks,and I'm going to do what I did last time when I lost my gained weight.
Protein,beans,water..no carbs and exercise.
Tonite I've done my 30 mins(got a right sweat on)and I feel bloody great for it.
I've not had this operation done for nothing! And I refuse to let food rule me again!
I'm going to shift the gain..and lose more!..
It's a constant battle with your food demons and it's so hard after all these years to maintain.
But I've got my little bypass tool now and I intent to use it!

Well done Emma, I have the same thoughts and problems but just cannot get the motivation. I am making a difference though if I really fancy something am trying to have the healthy version of it, I had snack a jacks and ryvita yesterday stead of biscuits. Biscuits have crept back in with my cuppas. Back to night shift again tomorrow evening they are the worst. I am trying not to deny myself as the craving is stronger then, but mad that I am still 18-20. This was my size when I was 18 yrs old. Its never guna get any lower This is me but my clothes have got tighter on the bottom thighs n hips that where my 10-14 lbs has gone on. I can see it, hate it but so much been going on just can't focus. But trying slowly. Best of luck onwards and downwards xxx

So sensible to stop before it gets any more 10lbs is very do-able, good luck xxx

Hi hun, well done you for being so determined. Good luck! Why not keep a fit log/food log here for a whole to keep yourself motivated

Well done Emma, I have the same thoughts and problems but just cannot get the motivation. I am making a difference though if I really fancy something am trying to have the healthy version of it, I had snack a jacks and ryvita yesterday stead of biscuits. Biscuits have crept back in with my cuppas. Back to night shift again tomorrow evening they are the worst. I am trying not to deny myself as the craving is stronger then, but mad that I am still 18-20. This was my size when I was 18 yrs old. Its never guna get any lower This is me but my clothes have got tighter on the bottom thighs n hips that where my 10-14 lbs has gone on. I can see it, hate it but so much been going on just can't focus. But trying slowly. Best of luck onwards and downwards xxx

Snap Chrisa,biscuits are the culprit for me!
I know it can't be much else cakes/bread I can't eat due to them getting stuck.
I've bought some kids lollipops so if my sweet tooth starts I'll have one.
Would you not be able to do this?

Hi hun, well done you for being so determined. Good luck! Why not keep a fit log/food log here for a whole to keep yourself motivated

Thanks yvessa...I think I might..
I told myself I wasn't going to start using those scales again,but I don't think I've got a choice.
So I'm going down to boots and get a proper weigh in done and keep to a weigh day once a week.

Well done Emma on recognising there's a problem and then getting right on it. Not that you will need it as you seem to have got the head in gear once more but good luck :)
Don't think I will ever be able to ditch the scales in fact I wouldn't want to tbh. I did so in my late twenties and the weight just insidiously climbed and climbed. It's clear I need that little bit of control to keep on the straight and narrow.

I know I'm only 9mths out but I still find weighing myself every morning just helps my head keep in check.. If I have a bad few days I can see have a kilo and act straight away. It's easy to look on here and comment when things are good but, having had a band 5y ago I know that as soon as you start gaining, it's easy to bury your head and not look for support until a stone has crept back. Well done for taking action. Good luck, and keep in control! Just remember the control it took in the early days, if you aced that, you can do it again.

Well done Emma on recognising there's a problem and then getting right on it. Not that you will need it as you seem to have got the head in gear once more but good luck :) Don't think I will ever be able to ditch the scales in fact I wouldn't want to tbh. I did so in my late twenties and the weight just insidiously climbed and climbed. It's clear I need that little bit of control to keep on the straight and narrow.

I think that's my problem frankie,I never wanted the scales to rule me...but I've realised if I'm going to keep control of my weight I've got to make the scales part of regular routine.
And stop the snacking!

I know I'm only 9mths out but I still find weighing myself every morning just helps my head keep in check.. If I have a bad few days I can see have a kilo and act straight away. It's easy to look on here and comment when things are good but, having had a band 5y ago I know that as soon as you start gaining, it's easy to bury your head and not look for support until a stone has crept back. Well done for taking action. Good luck, and keep in control! Just remember the control it took in the early days, if you aced that, you can do it again.

Thanks that means a lot x
It's very frightening when you gain weight again...the further you get out the harder it gets.
And then the hard work starts...on saying all this,the bypass is the best thing I've ever done.

Welldone Emma louise, 4 years out :) I feel that obviously loosing weight was one of the reason we had the surgery but also to take control of our lives and not be ruled by food. I feel ur doing just that taking control. The tool has worked for you most defo coz uv learned to recognise ur problems. keep up the good work I hope when I am four years out I have the same positivity. Coming up to one year post op on the 3rd of july. I have good weeks and not so good weeks but I feel normal. I get weighed once a week at a slimming group. I think daily will lead to obsessions and I didn't want that any more I have spent too long obsessing and weighing daily. Good luck Emma louise keep us updated x

Back