• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A kick up the bum please

Peterborough Guy

Luton and Dunstable
Need as many kicks up the bum as I can.

I'm 2.5 years out now, and I've slowly gained 6 lb, which I know isn't a lot compared to others, and I would have given my right arm to be this weight a few years ago, but I have taken my finger of the pulse lately, and not been concentrating on what and when I have been eating.

I think it's getting me down mentally more than the physical gain if I'm honest.

Anyone else felt like this?

I think we long termers go through this at some stage.
It wasn't that long I'd gained 10lbs...I was mortified I'd allowed this to happen.
And it bothered me the fact I'd rearranged my insides and could still let food get the better of me!
All you can do is knuckle down,stop the carbs more protein and increase water.
I got my gain off,and also I'd realised without this tool,it would have taken a lot longer to get the gain off.
I haven't been on the scales for ages!...I'm happy with my clothes being my guide,I'm still 12/14 after 3 yrs 3mths(so I must be doing something right)
Don't be too hard on yourself though,we still got to live and have the odd treat,just don't let the weight creep back on x

I agree we all get comfortable in ourselves & the portion & carbs creep up & if we aren't careful so do the scales. Reaffirming our good habits, being aware if the naughtiest creeping in is something we need to check out every so often. We are aware of our tool we just need to home our skills to keep it sharp. Keeping a food diary for a few days or a week seeing where the slips are happening helps refocus us on what we put in & the exercise we do to help us find that focus again. A personally challenging few months have meant I've slipped far more than I should & the scales show I need to regain that focus. I've had a long term recall from my hospital for the new year, I just need to reset my focus so I am back to my lowest weight so far for then even if I can't quite make the 100% excess weight loss goal I set myself.
Good lick Gary hope we all find that refocus point sooner rather than later.

In the last 4 weeks I have realised just what an emotional eater I am. I am very stressed and everytime I feel upset or worri eed at the moment I sshove food in my gob. I dont taste it or enjoy it. Its not a treat. The last week I've tried to make sure its crackerbread or grapes rather than Yorkie bar I'm shovelling in.
Weight is up a couple of pounds.
Think it might help to find out why you re eating more and refocus on the basics as advised above xx

yEAH I AGREE WITH ALL OF THE ABOVE I AM 2 yrs and almost 3 months out and I HAVE put on 7lb but am reining it back in. I have palteaud out now and I know it is that also so guna try and keep it this way. All clothes fit. Still 14st 12. Never be below 14st hospital say that's it for me they are satisfied with my total loss, I do not look huge but still weigh very heavy, I have done my best and will continue to do so but you do still have to live xx

Well said ladies. Whatever we do we have to be happy with ourselves & know what we can do to regain that focus. I've realised I'm grazing so fit far more in each day than I should & these days eyes can easily bigger than the stomach. Being self aware & giving ourselves that metaphorical kick in the bum is our safety net. Even if we haven't beaten our demons we are more self aware & so are more willing to face things than perhaps we were in the past.
Bypass & positive head power to us all whatever sex we are. We are all winners & all determined to stay winners that we worry earlier in our slips than we would have done in the past so I think that makes us winners still just human so all power to us.

I do think sometimes we have just got to "give ourselves a break" our bodies have been put through so much.
Im trying to live my life like any other normal person,and they have treats,so why can't I?
I'm physical unable to eat anything like what I used to,so if I want a little of what I like,I will.
There's no point being too strict as I think you crave it more!
You just have to get the balance right....life's too short to be constantly worrying about weight all the time.

Back