• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Nearly 5yrs post op bypass,too many crisps,weight gained and my date for surgery..

emma-louise

my new life!!
Last time I posted I had mentioned waiting for surgery date for investigations into ongoing stomach problems..well got the phone call and I'm in at the start of June.
My food intake is terrible,really struggling with eating solids so I've been eating crisps...naughty I know.
But...in my defence soon as I try eating solids I'm getting full too quick,feel sick and then I'm sick.
It's a wonder I'm not thin as a rake but I'm not...I've gained a stone.

I'm really mad with myself,as like many of you starting your journeys you tell yourself your not going back to your bad ways,but it's so easy done.
It's a constant battle with food and even though I can't eat solids I shouldn't be letting my crisp habit sneek back in.
I need to nip it in the bud before I get bigger...being almost 5 yrs out now I've maintained at size 12/14 quite well.
My doctors know I've gained weight and haven't really made any issue of it...but I'm embarrassed.
It's sooo hard....we go to the extremes of having these surgeries and then let old habits kick in again.
My 14 trousers are feeling tight and I don't like it.. :-(

I did have a little blip a while back where I gained 10lbs and lost it again..so I hope I can do it again.
Maybe not being on this forum as much as not helped either...in some way it helps to keep you on the straight and narrow.
But I've got a new job in education so things have really changed for me...so haven't had much time to pop on here.
Anyway fingers crossed my hospital date will sort my issues out and I can eat better.
And lastly use your honeymoon period wisely...as once it's over the hard graft begins... :)

I had a gastric bypass in 2006, and started to re gain. So I had a band over my bypass in October, so far have lost 2.5 stone....slow but getting there! Xx

Good luck I hope you can get things sorted xx

I hope they manage to get you sorted out once a for all..... it cant be much fun not able to keep solids down.....its no wonder you've turned to bad habits..... funny how they go down so much easier!! Your right about being here...it keep you on the straight and narrow..........and sometimes gaining a wee bit is so difficult to get back off again.... wishing you all the luck in the world hunni..... fingers crossed for you x x x

Good luck with everything

Good to hear from you Emma, hope they get some answers when they do your surgery. As for the regain, its normal, and you'll deal with it. We're here if you need us. Can I suggest that maybe going back to foods from a softer stage may help, and maybe increasing your meals per day? The salt in the crisps will keep you picking whereas small meals may not

Hi Emma Louise sorry not seen your message have had a few days away. Hop everything goes well at hospital and you get some answers. YOu will get back on track. I am still not fully on track but will get there eventually. Trying not to bera myself up about it or it becomes a real issue. xx

Back