• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Today's the day

morph

I have to be at the hospital at 11.30am, surgery in the afternoon, stay overnight and then home Tuesday! Feeling very calm atm, but no doubt I will suffer from insomnia overnight!

Good luck for today, hope everything goes well , wishing you a speedy recovery.x

Good luck hun xxxx

Good luck and I hope you have a speedy recovery. Look forward to hearing how it went x

good luck xx

Just hoping it all went ok, and you are now recovering well. Hurry back and tell us all how it went xxxx

I'm still in hospital, just waiting to be discharged and then my friend is coming to collect me. Went down to surgery at 2.30 yesterday, all went well. Spent the early evening dosing on and off, burping like a trooper in between! I managed to burp so much that I haven't had any shoulder tip pain, which I was very relieved about!
Overnight I managed to sleep ok, woke at about 2.30am and was wide awake. Decided to buzz and ask for some pain relief, and when the nurse came to check me over my blood pressure was really elevated, showing I was in more pain than I had realised. tramadol and liquid paracetamol later and I was starting to feel more comfortable. I slept then until 6.45 when the nurse came to do blood pressure etc.
My consultant came to see me at 7.20, said he was very pleased with how it had all gone. I'm having my first fill in 6 weeks time, then I will see him a fortnight after that to check that all is well.
Once he'd gone, my dietician came in for a lengthy chat. I felt very comfortable talking with her, and she is available for advice pretty much any time I need it, which is good. Not sure if I will come to support group yet, might wait and see how things go and then decide.
Now I need to get dressed, and then ask to be discharged! I am looking forward to being in my own bed tonight, as comfortable as I have been here at the Nuffield, there's nothing like your own bed!

Brilliant news, glad you are all done and dusted, hope you have a speedy recovery and start loosing the pounds x :D

welcome to the beginning of your new life :D
best of luck x

Back