• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Finally home!

Mio

Got home yesterday evening after having to stay in overnight on Tuesday, which I wasn't expecting. Went down to the theatre a little later than planned, and my op took longer than expected, so they wanted to make sure everything was ok.
Was my first stay in hospital, and didn't have anything packed as had been told I'd be in and out the same day, but the nurse's were really lovely and helpful. Was up and going to the loo as soon as I got to the ward and was drinking tea by the evening *lol*

Yesterday (the day after my op) I polished off three cups of tea, 2 jugs of water and a mug of Bovril XD Don't think keeping hydrated will be a problem with me!

Currently feel like I've been hit by a truck, but other than that I'm feeling pretty chipper and looking forward to getting my strength back and learning about my my new body :)

Welcome home , here's hoping you have a speedy recovery x

Glad to hear you are home. Now its time to rest, take care of yourself and prepare for the rest of your life. :)

Thanks for your lovely replies everyone! Been an interesting journey so far (still finding it very random that every time I burp my left shoulder aches *lol*)

Also feel very lucky that it's all gone so well and I seem to be getting on well with it all. Hope it continues! :)

glad your ok and feeling well, good luck with the journey to a slimmer healthier you xxxx

Woohoo :D welcome home mio and welcome to your new life :) good luck honey xcc

Thanks for your lovely replies everyone! Been an interesting journey so far (still finding it very random that every time I burp my left shoulder aches *lol*)

Also feel very lucky that it's all gone so well and I seem to be getting on well with it all. Hope it continues! :)

This could be due to the air that they inflate your tummy with when they carry out Laparoscopic procedures. Glad that you are home and look forward to hearing about your success along the way. X

Congratulation on the op! Let us know how you getting on. Getting my op in 4 weeks then i can join you in the looser bench :) can't wait

Glad you got on ok with your op. Take it easy- the first week is the hardest :) Looking forward to seeing your progress xx

Well, almost a week since my op and I feel amazing :D

Most of the pain has gone, the only thing left is "healing" pain from my surgery site. Shoulder/gas pain has gone (mix of Windeze, lots of stretching and bending and a shoulder rub from mum *lol*) and the only thing I'm on now is ibuprofen!

Had the most amazing sleep last night, probably about 10 hours or so, and had my first proper shower this morning which felt fantastic.

I weighed myself this morning and I've lost half a stone in a week which is amazing :)

Your weight loss is great. Bet you feel all the pain has been worth it!!

Never mind the burping. Just wait till you start the hiccupping. Its soooo embarrassing. If I am filling up or have eaten too quickly it just starts and then keeps going for ages :) Better that signal than the signals we used to get 'pre'band' but tended to ignore when we used to eat too much tho x :break_diet:

Absolutely brilliant loss Mio. I'm really chuffed for you :)

BTW, I have become a champion burper since I've had my band fitted !!! It has become one of life's pleasures! haha. and they seem to go on and on and on. Its such a satisfying feeling. ( so embarassed to admit this but its true!)

Haha - I know what you mean! Sometimes I manage to expel air from both ends at once if I'm stretching, and the first time I did it I scared the dog so much she ran from the room XD

Back