• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Toilet habits and pain

kelly_333_333

I know it isn't everyone's favourite subject but I do need to ask. I was banded last Wednesday so am day 6 and I've been suffering with diarrhoea for the last few days. Now seeing how hot it's been and that I am on liquids only I am trying to not let it worry me. Is this something others have suffered with? is it because I am on liquids only? Could it be the Clexane injections?

Also I've had a lot of wind pain the last couple of days in both my shoulder and my body. I now can't work out if the pain in my left ribs is wind or the port (it hurts when I take a deep breath in) and I also have pain in the bottom part of my tummy, like next to the belly button. Again I thought it was wind at first but feels an awful lot like muscle pains. Could this be wind here or anything to do with the op or have I just used my muscles too much on the toilet and because I'm avoiding using my top tummy muscles?

Sorry to ask so many questions, I'm a bit of a worrier and am worried I'm not healing properly or am doing myself damage!

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well...if you are taking meal replacement shakes they can cause diarrhoea at the begging as it takes your body time to adjust to all the vitamins and minerals in them...as for the other problems sorry I can't help.

I agree with BeaBea it would be best to contact your team to give you support and advice.

Hope you will be feeling better so, let us know what your support team say.

I know it isn't everyone's favourite subject but I do need to ask. I was banded last Wednesday so am day 6 and I've been suffering with diarrhoea for the last few days. Now seeing how hot it's been and that I am on liquids only I am trying to not let it worry me. Is this something others have suffered with? is it because I am on liquids only? Could it be the Clexane injections?

Also I've had a lot of wind pain the last couple of days in both my shoulder and my body. I now can't work out if the pain in my left ribs is wind or the port (it hurts when I take a deep breath in) and I also have pain in the bottom part of my tummy, like next to the belly button. Again I thought it was wind at first but feels an awful lot like muscle pains. Could this be wind here or anything to do with the op or have I just used my muscles too much on the toilet and because I'm avoiding using my top tummy muscles?

Sorry to ask so many questions, I'm a bit of a worrier and am worried I'm not healing properly or am doing myself damage!

Hi Kelly - sorry to hear you`re having such a rough old time x

It sounds as if you may have picked up a bit of a tummy infection...have you been in contact with anyone else who have had similar symptoms? Only whenever I have had a bad stomach upset with the dreaded Diarrrea (sp) it has always caused me tummy pain in the lower part near the belly button.
Especially with the hot weather we have been having its quite easy to pick something up unknowingly. Although if it is something to do with the injections you are having....probably best to check it out with your team!

Your other problems sound a lot like they are to do with wind pain especially the shoulder related ones, I had a fair bit of wind pain around my port area, which took me a couple of weeks to recover from, as well as shoulder pain.

Don`t forget Kelly - when you have been through surgery, your body takes a little while to recover. All the holes they put, in were pulled about a fair bit while they fitted your gastric band, and when you`re under the anaesthetic, they probably not as gentle as if you was awake and able to complain.

Please keep drinking lots and lots of liquids especially as you`re probably quite dehydrated from the tummy upset....and if by tomorrow you don`t feel any better ring your team...or if really worried ring them today to put your mind at rest.

Take care sweetheart :)

Love Kat x

Thanks so much for the kind replies. I haven't had a naughty poo for 24 hours now so feeling a lot more hydrated.

As for the pain I'm feeling quite positive they're all normal considering the experience I've been through. I feel a little better again today and hope I continue to feel a bit better every day :) x

Hi Kelly,

No wonder youve had an amazing weight loss all the toilet actions youve been having ;-)

If its calmed down then put it to experience but if it comes back just put in a quick call to your provider....afterall you have paid for their service.

Your trapped wind sounds normal...ive read ALOT of diaries and watched ALOT of videos. I was very lucky not to suffer at all after my op.

Are you getting weekly phone calls from your provider?
I know i got my 1st phone call off mine 7 days after op, just to check all was fine.

The injections are horrible and once i had injected i got really sharp pains in my tummy then itchyness began. By the time i got to injection #8 i realised that it was much easier all round if i really pinched my tummy hard whilst injecting and always done it about 1 inch to the sides of my belly button.

Good to hear you are making progress!

If you like, you can embed your videos into your posts!

YouTube Videos You can now put youtube videos into your Wlsurgery posts,

First go to youtube and figure out what video you want

Now when you have the video open you will have an address in the address bar of your browser like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-gW3RbJd8U

now,

you only need the part that i have bolded, which is everything after

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=,

Copy the a-gW3RbJd8U part, and come back to Wlsurgery.

There is a button that looks like this:
ytube.gif

Click it, you will now see something like this:

HTML Code:

Paste the part of the address you copied into it, such that it looks like this:

HTML Code:
[YOUTUBE]a-gW3RbJd8U[/YOUTUBE]

_________

I (and my roomy) found that the muck Dr Marc gave you to drink to see if the band is working gives you the chits for a few days.

Did you use WLS or SOS or straight to Dr Marc?

Your right about grabbing a bit of fat to inject in. I am a diabetic and so inject twice a day so an used to it. I don't know what I will do when I am a skinny Minnie and there is no fat to grab! But hopefully I will be off the injections then anyway

I (and my roomy) found that the muck Dr Marc gave you to drink to see if the band is working gives you the chits for a few days.

Did you use WLS or SOS or straight to Dr Marc?

Ahhh, that could explain it then!!!

I went straight to him through his website :) How are you doing now Windy? I start thicker liquids tomorrow and am really excited about thicker soups, yoghurt and smoothies hehe!

I have 5ml in at the moment as per my signature but I need more as I feel like I am over eating (who would of thought it LOL)

Hi kelly, i had the same experience with the runs shortly after my op. but now im struggling to go now so make the most of it,lol

Back