• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

More pain instead of less?

Thump

Hiya, has anyone else experienced increased pain after op instead of decreasing?

I am getting more wind pain although I think my sipping technique probably needs some work but ever since the accident this morning I've been worrying that my band might have slipped. The doctor only checked for bleeding, I didn't get an X-ray or anything to check the band was still in its proper position. He seemed confident that I'm okay but I can't help worrying...

I'm also getting a bit of heartburn. Is that normal at this stage?

Have you got some painkillers, dont be afraid to keep yourself topped up.

The wind pain is not nice but moving around little and often will help to shift it xx

I'm taking liquid paracetamol and walking around the room a lot. More than the pain, it's the worry of band slippage. I don't know how much of a squeeze the band can take. I was thinking maybe I'd call the clinic and see if there's anything they can do to reassure me :) maybe they'll let me talk to my surgeon rather than random nurses. Not that I don't trust nurses, but I'd like the guy who put the thing in in the first place to tell me it's okay :D

Same as dink day 3 woz nightmare :(

That's good to know I guess... Even though it means the worst is still to come. At least I know I'm not the only one who really experienced post-op hell :)

Back