• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Toilet Trouble

sukies

Could anyone help? my sister had a band fitted a year and a half ago. And she has trouble going to the toilet. she can go 10 days without going. can anyone suggest anything to take for it? thanks:confused:

heya hun - has she tried benefibre? its a powder that you put into food and drink and its tastless - ive had it in an omlettee before and you cant taste it at all and it doesnt change the texture wither - either that or movicol! her gp should be able to prescribe something for her to help her with this!
ive heard someone say a glass of orange juice every morning does the trick or prune juice!

Actimel or pro-biotic yoghurt may help.

What your sister needs to remember is she will be eating much less (particularly fibre) than before so output will be less frequent, however that said if she is drinking adequate fluids and her stools are hard then she needs a softner - best one I've found is docusate sodium (in combination with senna x2) which GP can prescribe or you can buy over counter at Boots or other chemists.
Movicol is an alternative but some people don't like taste.

thanks everyone for your advice, i know she has weetabix on a morning and a glass of orange and she's been taking so senna pods, but still no movement. she's started having tummy pains too which last a day or so. anyway we are making her go to the docs tomorrow or i said she should phone sunderland hospital and ask for advice. cheers girls!!!

Back