• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Refill

missdmac

Hello banders had load of trouble with band filled and unfilled had all taken out apart from 1 ml had no trouble sense which means no slippage. What I wanted to know going for a fill on the 8th don't no how much to put back in and if this has happened to anyone out there. I have a 11 ml band xx hope someone can help x

I used to have a band it caused me so much problems I could not even drink tea some days even with no liquid in. Eventually after 3 years of suffering I had it removed as it caused to many problems. I would suggest one ml at a time? They used to give me water after each infil to see if I could swallow ok. X

I too had lots of problem with band fills- constantly having some out because couldn't even drink a slip. I would go 1mm at a time. I know that doesn't seem much but it might be better long term.

Sadly my band was removed via A&E after I had it emptied via hospital group and still couldn't drink anything. ?

Hope it all goes well xx

Thanks ladies I had a defil And they left 1 ml in and had no trouble I'm hoping if I have a small fill I will have no trouble fingers crossed. I'm worried as my weight is creeping up and I never want to go back there xxx

I had to have a defill last June 2014 when my dad died,,,,I had accid reflux for 2 months I was choking in my sleep very scarey,,,I then had 8.02 mls in my band was 10.7 lbs ....I had 7 mls out I gained weight up to Xmas bringing me to 13-2lbs......I didn't realise how much the nurse took out At the time becouse of my dad passing ,,,,,,,so no wonder I haven't had any restriction,,,,,in June I was very over restricted ,,,,but I was at my lightest and tightest,,, so I'm now paying for my fills as my care package was up last September,,I've now got 7mls in my band and weigh 12-5 so I don't think I will need anymore fills,,,,I suggest take it slowly if your in your care package,,,if I had my time over again I wouldn't have had such a big amount out so near to the end of my care package,,but hey you live and learn don't you ? I'll keep trying to reach my goal of about 11-7 lbs hope this helps xxruby

I had 6ml in mine and it didn't feel right I could eat and drunk ok but it felt tight and sore.

I had a defil down to 3:5 and a swallow X-ray and all was fine.

I've gone back up to 4:5 ml now and it feels quite tight again but I can eat ok.

I'm gonna go up very slowly now prob half a ml at a time.

I'm really worried it's gonna be sore again the more I have put in! I've had my band 5 months and have had no restriction yet.

Thanks Becky I have had mine 2 years just trying to find my happy medium. I had an x-Ray and all was well just have a sensitive band I think lol xx

Hi, I had about 6. Mls back in in one go, which is quite a lot,,but I wanted to be tighter cos I know now without my band I Will put weight back on,,,I think I'm at the point now I won't need anymore fills,,,as I'm dropping half a pound ish in a week ,,,,so I'm happy at the moment and I'm glad to be back on track,,,, x ruby

I have a really sensitive band so have only ever had one fill. 4ml in a 10ml band don't think I'll need anymore fills! Had my op early 2 years ago now x

Hiya I had lost 4 stone 3lb then I gained 24lb while pregnant but I've already lost 17lb of that now!
Well worth it it's changed my life! Started 17st 6lb
Now 13st 11 at last weigh in x

I guess were all different my friend has 8 ml in hers but I'm happily losing weight at 5 ml.
Go slowly and just make sure you can drink plenty before you leave the hospital x

Hi,

I'm having a very similar experience! I had a defill from 6ml to 3ml in September due to problems with acid and being sick all the time. I was fine at 3ml and could eat whatever.

I then went for a 0.5ml fill and was fine. Then a 1.5ml fill and I started getting problems again (5 ml total). So I had a slight defill back to 4ml and I have no problems but can eat normal portions.

Sooooo frustrating trying to get to the right level. My aftercare runs out in September and I'm really worried as I can't be affording to go for fills as frequently as I am at the moment!

Hi
It is so annoying and now it is costing me i might have a 1ml when u had the 0.5 did u have restriction ? And stop filling hungry? X

Back