• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Toilet

julie_herron

Sorry for this post but finding it very difficult to go for a number 2 its 5 days now been taking senikot every night anybody any advice I'm eating as much veg as I can get in

Had the same problem which when I did go caused an anal tear !!

Plenty of water at least 3 litres a day. I have prunes and prune juice every morning and I take movicol and two dulcolax every evening it's taken 12 weeks to get to a point where I am only in pain for a couple of hours after going rather than all day!!

So for me it's been doing everything so that I can go good luck I hope you move soon. It is a relief when you go though !!

Movicol did the trick for me.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Some watered down prune juice will help. Or go to your local chemist and buy some sugar free lactulose. I had the same problem after my bypass. The sooner you can help yourself to go the better x

3 weeks on Wednesday went to toilet last week but iv never felt owt like it awful experience now I'm starting to get stressed cause I haven't been again ?

3 weeks on Wednesday went to toilet last week but iv never felt owt like it awful experience now I'm starting to get stressed cause I haven't been again ?

If you had been further out I wud have suggested a cure but not in the early days. Up your fluid intake and try doubling your senna tonight.

No added sugar orange juice (in moderation) or a tin of prunes and pick at them during the day (don't eat all at once or it'll be too much sugar! It's horrible but hopefully once your body adjusts it will get better. x

Kiwi fruit worked for me. And make sure you keep your fluid intake as high as possible. I was a bit clogged up for a few weeks after the surgery but over the past couple of weeks (as I've been able to eat a bigger variety of veges) things have improved heaps.
Good luck!

Dulcolax do some very potent suppositories, they may be worth some investigation. But as others say, water, water and more water, especially in this weather.

Some watered down prune juice will help. Or go to your local chemist and buy some sugar free lactulose. I had the same problem after my bypass. The sooner you can help yourself to go the better x

I was told you can't get sugar free lactulose. However the pharmacist recommended movicol as a good alternative. Worked a treat for me :)
I totally agree with paula the sooner you help your self the better. I left it 2 weeks and did I know about it x

Happy days, I have the same trouble, will you tell me what the cure is. I am nearly 3 month out x

I've been using Movical for years as I take a lot of codeine based pain killers. First time, take 2 sachets at once (it will be very hard work with limited liquid intake) and then continue 1 sachet per day. I find it works on the 3rd morning, reliably. As well, just like everyone says, drink plenty of liquids. It was also brought to my attention that what is normal in the past may be different as you might not be as "regular" in the future.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Leslie

Back