• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

help Warning poo subject do not read if sensitive

Janeywanttoloosealot

Hiya,
Well this is not the sort of thing i would post normally but i am so desperate not really sure what to do. I have had the runs since a week friday gone. I have tried starving myself and that only works as long as i have no food in side me. Have been to my doctors who sent me for a blood test on friday thinks my thyroxine dose could be to strong for me know and is causing my bowel to become so active. My problem is (and anybody with a sensitive stomach please read no farther) I woke up last night and had actually pooped in my sleep i am mortified then spent the next 2 hours running to the toilet and the rest of the night frightened to go to sleep just in case. I don't have a headache with it or feel sick or in fact feel bad a part from a mild ache in my back. Can anybody help with any advice. Poop is very very loose no formation in it or very little. Please i apolagise to any one who i might have affended. Janey:cry::(

How awful for you. Nobody could be offended by your post I'm sure so don't worry about that.
If it was me I would ring the doctor back as you will very soon become dehydrated. Poor you. Hope you are better soon xxx

I have had a similar prob the past week, for me i was constipated for a week then i have had the runs for a week. I tried to have as much as poss plain carb foods to try and bung me up a bit and also i then took some imodioum for 24 hrs and that did the job.
I have no idea why this has happened to me and ur situation sounds like it it down to ur meds but the imodioum def helped me to firm things up.
Def no good starving urself just stay away from milk and fruit for a few days and upp ur plain carbs like pasta and bread to help firm things up.
Hope ur feeling better soon xx

I dont think you will have offended anyone Janey.

Imodium is safe for us to take. Why dont you take that to help with the immediate problem. Hope you get some answers from the doc soon as to what may be causing it.

I have no idea, i just wanted to say i hope it's sorted for you really soon... Being an ex xenical user i feel your embarassment xx

How are you feeling now?

Maybe you have a stomach bug. I had the same problem for about two weeks before Christmas (really helped with my pre-op!) and even though I used Imodium it still didnt help. That said it really is worth a try.

In Ireland they swear by eating plain biscuits when you have this problem. If you can eat something like morning coffee or rich tea biscuits it might help.

Hope you feel better soon

:eek:hiya i have got myself some imodium am hoping it will work but to be fair i am really scared to go to sleep tonight just in case the same thing happens. If i had the runs straight after i had something to eat then i think i could cope but this seems to come on when it feels like it. I am eating mostly things like melba toast and potatoes carby things at the moment. Hopefully will be able to get my blood tests back on wednesday. Thanks everyone for your advice it is much appreciated. janey:eek:

are you allowed to take imodium at all after a bypass. i suffer with terriable IBS and have to take imodium a lot if it gets bab. if you can take it maybe this will help you ....

I know a few people with thyroid problems and IBS. Don't know if the 2 are related or if it's medication causing it. Either way, it sounds like your GP is switched on.

Good luck

Rx

Back