• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Too much??

mrspplus3

Ok so I don't no if I'm just getting myself over worried but I feel like I'm eating to much and only 8 days post op.
Since op I have been having 6 meals as advised by my dietician ... Each meal I could eat about 5/6 tablespoons.
I could eat about half a pot of the muller light Greek yoghurts.
But 2day I was able to eat a full yoghurt and not feel ill or anything, I can eat more 2day than normal.
Am I eating too much or am I just obsessing??
X

just stick to the guidelines on quantity that they gave you and you wont go far wrong. restriction with the bypass doesn't quick in till you have healed, you just need to make sure that you don't over eat at this point as you don't want to stretch it. as long as you are not eating anymore than a muller light pot size each meal don't panic. you will also find that some days you will not be able to fit that much in and some days you can, also its important to listen to your body, so you may get a signal that you are full, like a burp or a hiccup, these are your cues to stop at that point, you will learn as you go! don't worry, you're doin' great!!

The hospital told me about 2 tablespoons so I was paranoid too. But then they tell you to eat until you are full so it's a tricky one. If you are worried I would call the hospital to put your mind as rest. It is confusing when you're new to it.

Xx

Nope! Tramadol isn't working I've felt sick all afternoon and I've been sick tonight and didn't have the strength to get myself up off the bathroom floor :-(

I'm going to try and get an appointment with my GP tomorrow hopefully they will have the details from the hospital so I can kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

I've only managed half a tin of soup today then the sickness started. I have an appointment for the 27th Jan with the dietician which I just got today seems a bit pointless as I've already told them what I'm eating. If that is my follow up appointment I won't be very happy either!

X

Is the loop bypass the same as R en Y? I'm on fluid only for 4 weeks then purée for the next 4. Maybe you're just going too fast? The pouch needs to heal.
Are you hungry?

Back