• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

TR Wolf helps you to SAVE THE WORLD!

TR_Wolf

(just call me Adam)
This is just a simple thing we do when grocery shopping, which I'd like to try and get more people to join in with!

Go to somewhere like IKEA, or your local supermarket, and buy yourself a few of these style boxes:

plastic-tub.jpg

They're only usually a couple of quid each. Keep them in the back of your car.

Now when you've gone through the tills at the supermarket, don't get ANY bags. Put all of your groceries back in the trolley and wheel it to your car (easier than rushing to pack it all into bags at the till!), then at your car, load your groceries in your own leisure, into these new plastic tubs. This way you can arrange them however's best for you, heavy stuff on the bottom, you can stack stuff nice and tight, keep frozen stuff in one box etc.

Then drive home (no groceries rolling around in the back!) and you can take your boxes into your house and straight into your kitchen, (no razor wire plastic bags cutting your fingers if they're heavy, no having to carry tons of bags at once etc), and best of all, you use no plastic bags.

We do this and have found it the definite best way for us, not just bag usage, but it makes things a lot easier and more efficient.

If everyone had a go at doing this, imagine the amount of carrier bag usage we'd reduce! :)

Go on, have a go! SAVE THE WOOOOOOOOORLD! :)

Fair dooo's mate x
I live round the corner from Sainsburys I dont use the bags, i just re stock my trolly and push it home. Look like a bit of a tramp but hey xx

I do similar but I don't have a car so I take my ruck sack, refil the trolley and carry my shopping home :)

I use those huge blue ikea bags, but i tend to wheel the trolley to the car and pack at my leisure into the boot. But I like the box idea, may give that a go!!

Back