• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WARNING handbag theft!!

lamornamiss

wants to be a loser
A woman visited the toilet in John Lewis @ Blue water and hung her
Handbag on the back of the toilet door. As she carried on about her
Business, a hand suddenly appeared over the top of the stall and grabbed
Her bag clean off the hook!!!

She immediately reported the incident to the head of security, who in
Turn informed the manager of the store. A couple of days later she had a
Call from the head of security to say her bag had been found without her
Purse. So she arranged a convenient time to go and meet the manager to
Collect her things.

On arriving at the John Lewis store at the agreed time, the manager was
Not expecting her & neither was the head of security. No one from the
Store had actually called her as the bag had still not been found.

When the lady got home, her house had been burgled with no sign of
Forced entry. The Police believe the robbers had used her Driving
License for the address and her keys to let themselves in!

This is real - it isn't just a scaremongering story. Many will be so
Shocked at how complex bag snatching crime has become.

Please be extra vigilant ladies AND gents (with your man bags) there are
A lot of desperate criminals out there!

i don't take my licenses out with me unless i have to .................scary thought though you can't spend a penny without watching your back :mad:

Thanks for this post I shall warn all my family and friends of this. How bad it is now you can't even go to the toilet without this kind of thing happening. Thanks once again best wishes kaz x

I have always been aware of this and hang my bag across my body or neck while using the loo,short handled bags in my teeth!

omg thats awful :(

This first did the rounds in late 2008 and its never been proved as an actual event. However whether an actual event or not the warning is very valid and there have been many instances where thefts of this nature have occured. As to whether the subsiquent robbery took place is even less certain. The thief would have to assume that the woman lived alone and the house would be empty

The advice here has to be if you do lose or get something stolen tht identifies where you live, and you get this type of call, always let the caller believe that there will be someone home while you are out, "great thanks I'll come now my husband can look after the kids while I'm gone" etc

This first did the rounds in late 2008 and its never been proved as an actual event. However whether an actual event or not the warning is very valid and there have been many instances where thefts of this nature have occured. As to whether the subsiquent robbery took place is even less certain. The thief would have to assume that the woman lived alone and the house would be empty

The advice here has to be if you do lose or get something stolen tht identifies where you live, and you get this type of call, always let the caller believe that there will be someone home while you are out, "great thanks I'll come now my husband can look after the kids while I'm gone" etc

Excellent point Karl.
I am amazed at how some people advertise the fact their house will be empty by putting they are going on holiday on facebook or are off for the day I have even heard some neighbours shouting "have a nice holiday see you next week" the only people who know I am away are the cat sitters and my family

Back