• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Travel insurance

Hi Chrisa, I don't really know why I've had to pay so much I'm a bit annoyed by it really I've had my holiday and travel insurance booked since last year, so when I was offered the cancellation for my op the first question I asked the secretary was would I be ok to fly 10 weeks after surgery and she said yeah. I then rang the travel insurance to notify them of my op and they told me I had to be signed off by the consultant but I can't get my pre op appointment before I go away as SRH are behind on these by about 6-8 months haha what a joke! So I've had to get my own GP to write a letter to say I'm ok and fit to fly and that cost me another £25. So in total I've paid about £250 for travel insurance for me, my hubby and 2 kids. If you have the time I would definatly recommend shipping around cos I feel I have paid way over the top :) x

I use good to go insurance covered me for my bypass & pcos, plus my brother for his asthma & my dad for his diabetes have a try there x x

It's worth spending the money, particularly if you're going somewhere like the USA. You wouldn't want to get caught without insurance over there - scary amounts of money involved. I had a 4 day stay in hospital over there in 2003. Total cost £20,000. Insurance paid out thank goodness.

Back