• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Trying to get in the mind set of the pre op diet

karenlouisemee

Well although i havn't got my op date yet i have been told it will be between August/September. I have decided to get in the mind set of a pre op diet so its not such a shock to the system. So i have taken to slimfast x2 a day then a salad or soup for tea. I have been doing it now for 9 days and i have managed to loose 8lbs so far.
To be honest i havn't been to bad the first 2 days i felt a little bit hungry but i think my tum is used to it now and settled in to the routine.
My willpower seems to be really strong for some reason because i havn't picked at all i also went out for a meal last night with friends and i chose the salad and fruit salad for desert usually i would have given in and chose the most unhealthy but tasty dish.
So i think i have turned a corner and im feeling really proud of myself today.:D

well done you, keep it up xxx

well done karen i am on my pre-op diet now, but mine is the low carb, high protein , low sugar diet i have lost 26 lbs in 5 weeks of which i was chuffed .............

i am sure with your determination you will do well xx

karen which hospital you under ??

That's a fantastic attitude to have and well done! The sooner you get into the right frame of mind and better eating habits, the easier you will manage after surgery and in the future. Good on you hunny xxxx

Excellent news hunny, once you've got your mind prepared the rest will come easily. You are going to do so well at this and it won't be long until your surgery now, just a few weeks :D

Hiya Karen, I think you are doing brilliantly, well done you. I shall be starting my pre op diet at the weekend, but will be doing the low cal one, so if anyone else is reading this thread, can they give me some ideas for meals, thanks so much xxxxx

Mix man you have done so so well i have been following ur weigh ins. i must say ur an insperation to me i hope i have has much determinaton and do as well as you WELL DONE.

Well done Karen, I wish I could be the same lol. Im dreading the pre-op. Im not being really naughty as Ive just been diagnosed diabetic so no cakes, choccie or sweets or sugar! I dont feel as though Ive lost any weight though as I hold loads of fluid in the heat so maybe when it cools I coulod have lost something. Oh well, onward and upward! Good luck X

Well done Karen, it's great to start getting into good habits now. Plus any weight you loose over the next few weeks will make you healthier for when your surgery date arrives!

Wishing you the best of luck over the coming weeks & so excited that you've not got long to wait now x

Thanks so much for the replies just knowing u have all took an interest in what i have to say spurs me on just that little bit more. you are all doing great and i wish anyone on this journey the very best of lucky as i know first hand it can be really tough. xx

Well done Karen what a great start 8lbs lost. It is a really good idea to start cutting back now and then it won't be so hard when you have to do the pre-op. Good luck hope you get a definate date soon.

Back