• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Trying to make the right decision...

angelwings25

Likes Vanilla Lattes
Hi everyone, am new here today and saw the Consultant in Chichester at the Bariatric Unit regarding a Gastric Bypass. Its a big decision and although I'm nearly there I wanted to speak to people who have had it and what they can offer as advice or tips or just simply your experience to help me finalise that decision. Would love to hear all your stories. Love Laura xxx :talk017:

Hi Laura
welcome to the forum. Im sure you will find many answers to your questions on here as we all have. I am only two weeks post bypass so can't really tell you much but someone will be along very shortly who can help you.
Good luck with your decision!!

Hi Laura,

Welcome to Mini's :) There are a lot of post-op bypassers on here who keep blogs or diarys, so have an explore and feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Shel x

Hi everyone, am new here today and saw the Consultant in Chichester at the Bariatric Unit regarding a Gastric Bypass. Its a big decision and although I'm nearly there I wanted to speak to people who have had it and what they can offer as advice or tips or just simply your experience to help me finalise that decision. Would love to hear all your stories. Love Laura xxx :talk017:
Hi Laura
Im 3 weeks post bypass op done by shaw somers at st richards, it is a huge desision any only one you can make for yourself. My experience has been a really good one, although i am very tired at the moment i have had no complications so far. I wish i had done it sooner, i could of started to relive my life sooner. any other questions please don't hesitate to ask, this site is so so valuable we all have very different experience of the surgery. xxx

Hi Laura, sorry I can't help as I'm pre op for band but just wanted to say:welcome2: and ask away I'm sure you will get all the answers you need from the fabulous post op bypass peeps on here. Good luck with your decision xx Gaynor xx

hiya and welcome to a great place to get loads of answers to questions you hadnt even thought of! sorry not much help as i am pre-op for a band but good luck for your journey x

Hi Laura
Im 3 weeks post bypass op done by shaw somers at st richards

What a small world, it was Mr Somers I saw also. I was meant to see Mr Slater and thats whom I thought I was seeing until later on and I called him Mr Slater! LOL oops! :copon:
It is a big decision but with all that I have read on here of peoples experiences I think I will go for it. My partner and I want to get married in March of 2012 and I don't want to look fat in my photos so another bit of motivation! Thanks for the advices xx

HiYa,
Welcome to Minis.
I had The Bypass just over 4 months ago and in all honesty, Its the best thing I have ever done, I suffered from deprresion,Anxeity, PCOS, Bulimia, and Now everything has gone, In just over 4 months, I have lost nearly 5 stone (Only 2 lbs to go) and feel like a new woman.
I would say the Hardest and worst part was the first 6 weeks, Feeling very emotional about everything, My Op went great with no complications, Every day is better for me and it does take time.
I wish you the best of luck with your Op and a fantastic weightloss journey.
Also your gonna look fab on your wedding day!!

Last edited:
Hello
Sorry I cant help as I a pre Bander.
Just wanted to wish you good luck with whatever you decide and say welcome to mini's x

HiYa,
Welcome to Minis.
I had The Bypass just over 4 months ago and in all honesty, Its the best thing I have ever done, I suffered from deprresion,Anxeity, PCOS, Bulimia, and Now everything has gone, In just over 4 months, I have lost nearly 5 stone (Only 3lbs to go) and feel like a new woman.
I would say the Hardest and worst part was the first 6 weeks, Feeling very emotional about everything, My Op went great with no complications, Every day is better for me and it does take time.
I wish you the best of luck with your Op and a fantastic weightloss journey.
Also your gonna look fab on your wedding day!!

Awwww....thank you so much!!! Its funny how sometimes all you need is one person to just say something like that and it all makes sense. I know this is what I need and what I want to do now and can't thank you enough. I can't wait to have my dress fitting and feel good about myself again! :eek:) :love047:

welcome to minis you have come to the right place there are as shel said loads of blogs and diaries of post op peeps that should give you all the answers and there is also a nice mix of people who are experienced bypassers, novice bypassers and people still waiting for their ops, so there should be someone that can answer any questions you may have.

hiya laura .. im having my garstic bypass in may .. and looking forward to it.. i have reaserched for a long time and met many many people who have gone down this path ..

and everyone is so pleased they have done this and are having a much better life..

so all i can offer is a friendly hello and welcome to minimins and good luck with you choice..

if theres anything you want to know just ask ;o)

Back