• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What happens next?

angelwings25

Likes Vanilla Lattes
Hi - i just wondered if anyone can tell me what happened when they made the decision to have the bypass. I have recently just confirmed my agreement following a consultation at St Richards in Chichester with Mr Somers to have the bypass and I did this in writing however i've not heard anything since then (ok so it was only Monday I sent the letter!) but how will I know its all ok and i'm on the list? Will they confirm and does anyone have a number for the Bariatric Unit down there to speak to Reception?
Thanks love Laura xx

Hi can't really help about what happens when you confirm in writing what happens as i agreed there and then as i knew what i wanted. The telephone number though is 01243 788122 and ask for bariatric surgery secretaries. Good luck, i ha my bypass done on 1st April by shaw somers fantastic wish id done it sooner. xx

me too - I am shaw somers patient !!

umfortunately although I went private in the end i was on their list for 10 months - no one confirms anything - just call and ask that your letter has been recieved and you are on the wait list you wont hear anything again until an appointment date so dont worry - xx

How much notice do you get from the hospital of your operation? I'm thinking I need to give work as much notice as possible so they can find someone to cover my job while I'm away. Julie x

How much notice do you get from the hospital of your operation? I'm thinking I need to give work as much notice as possible so they can find someone to cover my job while I'm away. Julie x
Julie, i got 11 days notice for my op, it was a cancellation though, i did at the time of my initial appointment say i would need a months notice as im pretty much a lone worker to get cover that said i told my board of trustees 6 weeks before my 6months weight was up that they needed to get cover just so in was in order. 6 1/2mths i waited for my op. hope this helps xx

Hi can't really help about what happens when you confirm in writing what happens as i agreed there and then as i knew what i wanted. The telephone number though is 01243 788122 and ask for bariatric surgery secretaries. Good luck, i ha my bypass done on 1st April by shaw somers fantastic wish id done it sooner. xx
Hey thanks for the number i just called and they made a note on my file and would confirm my decision so i guess thats it and its just a waiting game! Can I ask what you had to do for your Pre-Op diet and how much u lost on it? xxxx

Hey thanks for the number i just called and they made a note on my file and would confirm my decision so i guess thats it and its just a waiting game! Can I ask what you had to do for your Pre-Op diet and how much u lost on it? xxxx
Hi i had the milk diet, which is 4 pints of semi skimmed milk a day, 1 salty drink (marmite), i sachet f sugar free jelly, loads of squashes (sugar free) i did it for 9 days and lost 11lbs. I did'nt struggle with it very much getting yourself in the right frame of mind and as long as you are in the right frame of mind you will sail through the milk diet and the operation. Please ask away if yu want to know any more xxxx

Back