• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

TT surgery date 19th August

Sam433

HI

Havent posted for a while but have finally plucked up courage to have a TT.

Unfortunately I have had to go privately for it as been unable to get funding via NHS.

I had my consultation last month and it was decided that I would benefit from full TT with muscle tightening, and am booked in to have procedure done on 19th August !. How scared am I now ???!!!

Any advise would be much appreciated, for some reason I am most scared about developing a DVT, although I am lowest risk as dont smoke and do not take the combined pill!. How long before I can walk properly? How bad will the pain be? When can I drive? When can I return to excercise? sorry so many questions !! Must be the nerves!

:wave_cry:

HI

Unfortunately I have had to go privately for it as been unable to get funding via NHS.

I had my consultation last month and it was decided that I would benefit from full TT with muscle tightening, and am booked in to have procedure done on 19th August !. How scared am I now ???!!!

Any advise would be much appreciated, for some reason I am most scared about developing a DVT, although I am lowest risk as dont smoke and do not take the combined pill!. How long before I can walk properly? How bad will the pain be? When can I drive? When can I return to excercise? sorry so many questions !! Must be the nerves!

hi there i know how ya feel as i am off in for my full tt tomorrow and i have no idea what to expect at all i am really nerves . but i hope all go's well for your's i will be able to tell ya when i have it do what to expect . i know this does not help right now . but bless you not being able to get it on nhs but i was lucky to get mine on the nhs . have had to wait a long time to get to this point . as was ment to have it done on the 9th june but it got canceled but i was able ti have my birthday and see my god son at his chrisening . all the best wish on ur op . i am sorry i could not help all that much .

Hello,

Good luck tomorrow with your op ! I would be really grateful to hear about your experience, best wishes hope you have a speedy recovery

HI

Hi, I had a TT on NHS 5 weeks ago. I worried about DVT as I have veinsand had been immobile for 5 weeks previously due to an operation on my foot. They do give you the anti-Embolism stockings and give you Heparin injections to help prevent DVT. They like to get you up and walking around by the next day. You start off bent double and 1-2 weeks later you're back to normal.

I was lucky and actually stop taking pain killers whilst I was in hospital. Everyone is different there though.

Driving is around 2-3weeks or when you feel up to it. I haven't driven yet but that's cos of my foot not stomach.

I miss exercise so much and last week was tempted to do a little bit on dvd but this is definitely a no-no for 6 weeks then start with a light workout - definitely no ab crunches til 3months. Exercising causes more swelling (apparently) as your skin hasn't knitted back and fluid forms in the pocket.

There are so many questions I had but this site has helped me loads as I had very little post-op information from the hospital.

Try not to worry too much ... its all worth it in the end!

HTH

Hi,
I had a TT 5 years ago, best move I ever made. I found the worst part afterwards was the drain, it was quite uncomfortable but is removed after 2 days. I was back at work after 2 weeks (driving to and fro) but light duties only. Use a babysponge to rub over and clean the wound in the shower as soon as you can, it really helps with the healing process and scarfade or bio oil really help to reduce scarring. You may find bits of stitches working their way out through the skin but this is normal and you don't need to do anything, sounds gross but can be more worrying if you don't know what to expect or what they are, they do not hurt. Swimming is a great excercise and I did a little gentle swimming after 4 weeks. After 3 months you should be back to normal but feeling great! good luck.

Back