• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

smoking and surgery.

lyndajoan

can anyone please tell me how long you have to be smoke free for befor you will be conciderd for surger?? as i have quit smoking yesterday and i have finished all my appointments with cognetive therapist, just got my last appointment with dietition on monday, i spoke to her tue and told her the cog behaviour therapist is happy to report ok for surgery i have lost my 10% but she said we will have to see how long you have given up smoking, via the smoking cencetion appointments and blowing into that corbon smoke detecter to see how much smoke i have left i my body, i know this is long winded i am sorry but i want you all to get a clear picture. thanks x x x x:eek::confused:

I was told by my anaesthestist (at the pre-op assessment) to be smoke free for at least 3 weeks prior to surgery. Every hospital has a different policy so take your hospitals advice.

Good luck!! :)

I know some hospitals have a 3 month smoke free policy. I gave up in January in preparation for my op which I will have in the next few weeks.

Oops.....i was still smoking on the day of surgery no one said anything about not smoking

after 2 weeks of not smoking the carbon monoxide tester will show the same as a non smoker, hope this helps, good luck :) x

CO2 (carbon monoxide) can only be detected if you have smoked in the last 24 hours. :)

kate x

I know some hospitals have a 3 month smoke free policy. I gave up in January in preparation for my op which I will have in the next few weeks.

Hey well done you that's fantastic

Back