• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

tummy bug

cazmic6

I've got a bad tummy bug and was wondering if it would be ok to starve myself for today im only 5 weeks post op but I've had this bug since Thursday and my tummy is killing me I need to get rid can't get in the drs so just wondered if anyone had any advice x

Stick to fluids until you find out what it is. I've had tummy problems for 5 weeks now. My gp and dietician advised me to stick to fluids until I had a stool sample tested and had the results.

Thanks hun im hoping I can get in drs tomorrow im just going to stick to water today and c if that helps hope ur better soon x

Thanks im hoping it's over soon haven't been to loo since 11 and im feeling better just hope that's it x

Oh that's good well done.im still not doing to good got the bug back that if that's what it is and struggling to eat much but hopefully I'll get there soon x

I have hun they can't fit me in but I told her what was wrong and she said as long as I wasn't being sick and I could drink and eat abit she wasn't sure what's wrong and just told me to keep my fluids up and try to eat more often and give her a ring next week to c how I am x

Are you drinking enough? remember because we don't absorb water from food like we use to that we can dehydrate easier. I've had 2 stomach bugs since my bypass, I used dioralyte. It really helps. Nothing helps the pain but keeping hydrated is the most important thing and if in doubt ring you providers emergency line and if they have't got one got to a and e if you feel really bad. I know most people wouldn't be keen at that idea but we really need to be careful when it comes to this sort of thing, not many, even doctors understand that we don't hydrate the same way we use too, especially in the beginning.

Thanks Shelley I know im drinking enough I hope and have tried eating more today just little bits but often and I've been ok thankfully just hope that's it now I was just worried cause the pain was horrible and I had gone to the loo loads over a few hours but it's stopped again x

Back