• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Wow...nasty bug!!!

StephieAck

I know Ive changed!
Crikey, this bug I have is nasty!!!
It seemingly became resistant to immodium etc so I had to just put up with it and so have been on and off the loo for seven days now, for two of those days it has been a twenty four hour running thing whereas at the start, when the immodium was working it would wear off at night and so the toilet time was all at night, now it is all day and night.
I decided that as my tummy was so sore (and my bottom to be honest!!!) I would take two pills this morning to see if they would work. My body really didnt like that and I was sick about five minutes later...only a bit and the pills didnt come back, food certainly didnt because there is so little in me that Im dumbfounded that there is enough in there for the poop to still be coming!!
Anyway, I THINK the pills are working because the poops stopped and I am going stir crazy at home so I got hubby to run me up to Boots, I needed to sort of my prescription because I have moved to a new GP surgery. Whilst I was there I decided to weigh myself to see what 'damage' had been done, when I get a funny tummy I usually lose 4lbs-ish. So on I get...WOW...11lbs!!! Now, whilst I would usually be thrilled to see a 11lbs loss, this ISNT the way to do it and I fully expect that when I am better and start eating and drinking normally I will put at least 4lbs back on, but still...10lbs in 7 days!!! That is one nasty bug!!!
I was doing a couple of days dairy free in case it was a lactose thing but with the runs and now nausea and a bout of vomitting, I am thinking that its definately a bug.
The GP said that gastroenteritis (he thinks it is a form of that) can take 7-10 days to get rid of, so Im part of the way there, I just wish it would hurry up and stop, I dont like being this Steph, I have been so upbeat and 'bouncy' since my surgery and I hate feeling ill and I have to admit that I do feel poorly right now.
So, Ive managed a dry cracker now and will try a warm drink now, see if it stays down, kind of stuck if it doesnt, Im thirsty and if I cant drink Ill become even sicker!
So, you all be careful out there and keep your fingers crossed that you dont get this horrible nasty bug.
Steph xx

Last edited:
Oh no, poor poor you. :wave_cry::wave_cry::wave_cry:

:angel09:

Sending lots of hugs and prayers for fast healing.

Thanks guys xx
To be fair it is only the second time since surgery that I have been sick, the last time was about eight hour after to op, so Ive done really well so far lol
I must say though, Im much more prone to tummy bugs post op, which is annoying, but hey ho.
I just want to be all better, jolly and get out and about. My husbands grandma is up here visiting for a few weeks from Weymouth and Im busting to go and see her but I cant until I have been clear of the runs etc for 48 hours, its killing me to not be round there right now, so Im just praying that it all stops soon.
The GP told me to go back to him tomorrow if I am no better but he also said that it can take 7-10 days for it to stop, so I might wait until that ten days is up first.
Fingers crossed that it all stops soon hey, and that not every bit of that 10lbs goes back on lol
Steph xx

Sure it couldn't be food poisoning Steph? Hubbs had FP started a week last Thursday and he's still bad with it, although not as bad as at the start.

My fingers are crossed i don't get it, you've been though the mill, get well soon and spend some quality time with the family xxx

Aww thanks guys xx
I edited my post, Ive lost 11lbs not 10lbs...sure hope most of it doesnt come back on when Im well, though Im still managing bits of food and plenty of fluids, in fact more than usual because I was feeling dehydrated.
Shel...I hadnt thought about that but surely I would be throwing up with food poisoning and Ive only thrown up once, that was this morning and it was when I took my poo stopper pills and Im pretty sure it was because the drink was kind of cool and my tummy didnt really tolerate cold drinks even before the bypass. I didnt think of food poisoning because of not vomitting but to be fair, when norovirus did the rounds in the last few years most of my family were throwing up and had the runs, I just got a tiny dose of the runs and that was it, so I guess it COULD be food poisoning. I personally think that its a weird bug, there was a viral infection in my family this past couple of weeks that started with feeling fluey and getting a rash and they would throw up once, had a sore tummy and then recover...I got the fluey cold thing, a bit of a rash and then came the week long runs, so I just took it that it was that, you really never know though, could be. Is your fella vomitting and the runs or just one of them? I hope he is better soon xx
Thanks for the replies guys xx
Steph xx

He's just had the runs Steph, well, explosive marathon rather than just runs, with alot of griping pains and tummy ache. We know his is food because he had some left over bbq food 3 days after it was cooked :eek: and started being ill the next day.

Thanks guys xx
Shel...sounds a lot like mine, the cramps and gripes are horrible, I cant think of what could have caused it though, I suppose some dodgy milk in a latte...thinking back now, the day before it started I had a machine latte and it didnt taste quite right...hhhmmmm.
Thanks for that Shel, I hope your fella feels all good really soon xx Hope you and your gorgeous boy are good too xx
Steph xx

Sorry to hear you are still suffering Steph. I do hope you get some relief soon. It's bad enough coping with meals post-op without all the added problems. Hugs.. xx

hope it goes away real soon xx

Poor you, sounds dreadful.
Hope you get well really soon x

Thank you hon xx
I am absolutely fall down exhausted today, my muscles are killing me, but I THINK that it may be thinking about at least improving...Ill have jinxed myself now lol
Thanks again xx
Steph xx

awwwwwwwwww honey

sending lots of prayers for a speedy recovery xxxxxxxxx
:character00264::character00264::character00264::character00264:

Back