• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bugs after bypass ?

happyhilary

Hi, in the past week most of my grandkids and their parents have had the 24 hour sickness bug ( except the twins who have been ill for 5 days ) I have kept visits to a minimum for obvious reasons !
I have never been able to vomit since my bypass no matter how ill I have felt . I can only bring up the clear fluid but that is rare these days . I was wondering if anyone else who like me can't vomit or burp for that matter has had a sickness bug ? sorry to ask such a silly question !

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

It's not silly. Hope someone can help you soon. Hope your granbabies get better soon :) xxx

Hi

Unfortunately I am more than able to vomit post bypass, mind you it soon teaches you when enough is enough regarding portion size, and in my case also teaching me to stay away from red meat, no matter how long it's cooked for, also not had any stomach bugs since my bypass so no help there either, but then again with the stomach now sealed off for life can we actually get a stomach bug of the traditional type.

Paul

I've tried to make myself vomit on several occasions due to discomfort and horrible bloated feelings yet nothing ever happens. I just continuously gag and get no further.

Only time I've vomited was right after surgery when I woke up.

i have felt sick from time to time but only once came close to being sick and that was tasting a small spoon ful of mashed potato, i was fine the next time i ate it. never vomited at all since well before the op i do burp though, if i get a slight dumping i never get the diarrohea, am always the. xx other way on

I have been sick a few times in my 3 weeks. Pre bypass sick is a lot less painful :(

I have been "sick" a few times early out. Its more of a bringing something up just a smooth feeling (gross I know)
But I have only really vomited once without warning and it felt weird didn't really hurt just strange feeling but it totally wiped me out.
Just go easy and avoid bug when possible
HTH

Hi

Unfortunately I am more than able to vomit post bypass, mind you it soon teaches you when enough is enough regarding portion size, and in my case also teaching me to stay away from red meat, no matter how long it's cooked for, also not had any stomach bugs since my bypass so no help there either, but then again with the stomach now sealed off for life can we actually get a stomach bug of the traditional type.

Paul
Interesting thought Paul. Although I vomit frequently, not from over eating but just because my new stomach is a diva and often decides to up-chuck for no apparent reason, but I have not had a tummy bug since my op. I also have not had a throat infection, have not had pharyngitis and have not had a chest infection. I was prone to all of these before. I think my much improved liver, my lack of medication and general improved health have really boosted my formerly fragile immune system. But now that you've mentioned it, (with regard to the tummy bugs specifically) I do wonder if we can actually get one?
I'll have a google and also hope someone with more knowledge pops along to tell us.
xx

I had the winter vomiting bug a year or so ago, can't think of its proper name, think it begins with a D. When I vomit it's just frothy fluid, very quick and more like a big wet burp!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

That's the one! (d)norovirus!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I had that once, and lost 2 stone, mostly down the pan :( it really knocked me for six and took quite a few weeks to get over it as well, we all went down with it a few days after a Hospital visit and are quite happy to blame them as they always have outbreaks of it.

Paul

Back