• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tummy tuckers old and new - what was your swelling like?

Sambucca

Hello

Im 3 weeks post TT now and have been really surprised by how bad the swelling has been for me post op.

I wear a compression garment 24/7 as advised, havent been overdoing it and have followed the rules, but my waist is still bigger than it was pre op and I seem to be swollen from under my boobs to mid thighs.

I start each day relatively flat, but by bedtime Im so bloated that its really painful.

This has led me to look at stories on other american forums and they say they can be in "swell hell" for many months post surgery. I dont know why I didnt come across this in my research before surgery.

So how has it been for you? When did you start to see an improvement? Do you have any tips to help reduce the swelling?

Its a very traumatic surgery they lift your abdomen away from your body so they can pull it down so I would imagine it will take a good while to go down,Im sure it will subside soon!Maz x

I have been lucky with mine the first couple of weeks it felt like a water bottle with the fluid but like yours it was worse on a night. It now feels good my tt was 29th june but i had one last august too. Give it time it will go down if worried talk to your doctor.

Jo
xx

Back