• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

5 stone down . . .into the 18's and 2nd Xmas target gone!

top_kat

I've had a difficult couple of weeks. My knee injury eased, went to the gym on Monday but after getting onto the exercise bike the pain kicked in. Stopped and by next morning my leg had swollen to look more like a tree trunk than it did already!

Hobbled to the doctors, and she thinks that I've ruptured a cyst behind my knee. So painkillers, anti inflammatories, awaiting physio and NO gym or working out for the foreseeable :(

Limit walking (not possible with dogs!) and limit stairs (ok at home as we're in a bungalow, not at work as we're in the attic of an old building and 4 flights up lol)

But, I'm 15 weeks post my band op this week and have just had a 4 1/2 lb loss this week, not only have I now lost 71lbs so hit my 5 stone loss, it was also my 2nd Xmas target after hitting my first on Nov 8th.

but I'm in the 18's :woohoo: I haven't been in the 18's for about 5 years and then it was only briefly after I lost weight doing lighterlife, which made me incredibly ill so had to start eating which saw me put it all back on and an additional 3+ stone :(

I wasn't expecting such a loss this week, no gym, limited exercise and Im also trying to reintroduce "treats" not so much as treats but because I don't want to stay in a mindset that there are "naughty" foods, and also to try to work through the way the mind works in terms of eating that I can have a biscuit, I don't need 10 or the pack.

Just because I can, doesn't mean I have to. I think it maybe easier if I had far more restriction in my band, but Im holding off for a fill now until january.

but well chuffed . . .5 stone down, 2nd Xmas target reached a couple of weeks early . . .but in the 18's.

I touched my toes this week, I've started doing lots of spring cleaning and sorting the spare rooms, (energy in the evenings is something I can't remember having its been so long!) I've sorted my wardrobes out and into sizes so I know what I have as I continue to work down.

Am loving my band . . .the focus it has given me on the choices that I make, the responsibility it gives to me for making this work . . .I couldn't have imagined these results less than 4 months in . . .and hope that when I do get to the point of having a decent restriction that it will help even more.

Long way to go . . .but its a marathan and not a sprint (not that I could run either still LOL)

:woohoo:

Well done, that's fantastic. I hope your knee eases up for you. I broke my ankle very badly in February and I still can't go to the gym which is slowing my weightloss :( I just go for little walks. xx

Sashie, wow that's terrible that you're suffering from it this far on . . . :( I am hoping in the New Year that I will feel a bit more at ease with perhaps venturing swimming. I don't like it, but I know that it would help, and if this knee thing is ongoing, it may be necessary!

Wowww! Well done! You must be super proud kat, really happy for you :) xxx

Thank you hun . . .will be you soon :D

That's such a fab achievement, woohoo, well done Kat, 5 stone is Amazing!!!
Love your posts, keep them coming as need your inspiration and experience to keep on track! :) x

Congratulations Kat, you are doing fantastically well. Keep up the great work, I only wish I could lose as consistently as you do :eek:) xx

well done Kat xx keep up the good work i have sympathy with the knee i've had to stop going to the gym i was pushing myself too hard and trying to ignore my rheumatoid arthiritis but unfirtunately it won't be ignored and has bitten me hard this last few days :( take care and good luck x

Hi.Top cat, that's fantastic,,,so pleased for you,,sorry about you're knee,though, hope you feel better soon,xxxrubyred15

Congrats on such an amazing loss so far - totally get the 'treat' thing. I want to be able to be 'normal' if there is such a thing. Have 1 then be able to move on!
Can't wait till I'm 18 again! will be few months off yet but as you say its a marathon not a sprint. Think this is something we all need reminding of every now and again. Thanks x

Back