• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Two years today

Fat Again

What a shocker, really can't believe two years have flown by.

Memories of the day of my op are mixed. Anxiety, Nerves, Relief and the worst one, waving goodbye to my 1 year old son worrying what if I didn't wake up !!!!!!

Well here I am, 2 years later, 12 stone lighter, and thankful to my dad for borrowing me the £9000 for the op - Thanks Dad xxxxxx

There's been ups and alot of downs, but we got there in the end. The brain still hasn't quite caught up with the new body, but were getting there.

Health wise, I ain't doing too bad, a few side effects still, but much easier to live with than the alternative.

Maintaining the weight is easy, I can eat chocolate, cakes, biscuits and basically anything, as long as its in very small quantities. Bread is a big no no, as well as red meat.

I still have dumping from time to time, I do tend to push my luck every now and then, but the dumping is a great reminder.

I've been told I'm too thin now, so I really can't win. It's strange how people never really tell you your too fat, they just gossip behind your back, but don't think twice in telling you to your face that your too skinny - Strange !

Lifes great and being normal is even better x

Wow two years.

I had the same surgeon as you but only 9 weeks ago. I have had no problems since bypass, have had one dumping episode involving the wrong sort of peanut butter. Still coming to terms with everything but I can only hope I am soon writing a celebratory post just like yours. Well done.

Just out of interest what side effects are you having to live with, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks

Wendy x

Congratulations on your weight loss, you must be so proud of yourself, Karen x

Well done, i remember your op very well has its my 2yrs tomorrow

oh thats great! well done :) xxx

Woohoo congratulations xxxxxxxxxxxxx

What a lovely post, especially for a pre opper like me, I can't wait to be where you are xx

YOUR POST IS INSPIRATIONAL i have just got a daye for my bypass on 2nd December and im getting pre op nerves, wondering if im doin the right thing and like you i have a young daughter and the thought has crossed my mind that i could wave godbye to her on my op day and not see her again - doom and gloom i know but these things do cross your mind so to hear your story is just wonderful. Thank you x

:)A great update-many thanks for posting:)

Wow two years.

I had the same surgeon as you but only 9 weeks ago. I have had no problems since bypass, have had one dumping episode involving the wrong sort of peanut butter. Still coming to terms with everything but I can only hope I am soon writing a celebratory post just like yours. Well done.

Just out of interest what side effects are you having to live with, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks

Wendy x

Hi Wendy
The side effects I've had have been Gall Stones, but these were not just caused by the bypass, years of yo-yo dieting added to the problem. I've recently had my gall bladder removed, but due to the excess skin I've been left with, there were a few complications. They sewed me up a bit lopsided on my tummy, so my skin don't really hang right. I have been told there's nothing they can do about it, as they did the best they could with what they had to work with.

I still have trouble digesting certain foods, some days I'm ok, other days I'm sick quite a bit, but I can live with that.

I do feel quite weak some days, it's essential you take your vitamins, I'm a bugger for not taking them !!!!!

The excess skin is a problem, I've been told that there's no way I'd be given funding for removal, but to be honest I'm learning to live with it. At my biggest I was 30 stone, so as you can imagine there's quite a bit of skin.

Best Wishes to you
Amanda

YOUR POST IS INSPIRATIONAL i have just got a daye for my bypass on 2nd December and im getting pre op nerves, wondering if im doin the right thing and like you i have a young daughter and the thought has crossed my mind that i could wave godbye to her on my op day and not see her again - doom and gloom i know but these things do cross your mind so to hear your story is just wonderful. Thank you x

All the best for your op, hope all goes well.
There may be times soon after you'll regret the op, but trust me hang on in there its so worth it.

All in all I've had a good experience, and would recommend the op, but honestly only as the last resort.

Amanda

It's so inspiring to read your journey makes me feel so positive about the future to have patience and in time we can get there. I saw your before & after pics and you look amazing you talk about loose skin which I'm sure is a worry for us all, yet you would never know from your picture that's the first thing I thought! Wow your arms look so slim when I feel I have hanging bat wings lol! You look great

Back