• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

UCH London Pre-op assessment

cost

Hi, I am going for a pre-op assessment tomorrow at UCH London - do you know what this will entail?

I have been told to allow 3 hours - I guess there will be blood tests, ECG, possibly x-rays but not sure what else.

Not sure who my consultant is as they keep changing which consultant I see, has this happened to any one else?

I do not yet have a date for the op but I am in the 7th week of their milk diet which I was told I would be on for 9 weeks and then go onto the ww soup/yoghurt diet for 3 weeks for my liver.

Any pointers /suggestions for questions would be appreciated. Feeling a bit nervous as I am worried I might have to have an endoscopy which I have never had before.

Thanks in anticpation.

7 weeks milk diet i was only eve old it can be done fora maximum of 3 weeks no moor please re check it seems to long

9 week milk diet - wow that’s a very long time i was advised by my hospital not to do it for more than 10 days as its too restrictive on the body.
How are you finding it so far ???

hi , i had my pre-assessment on the 8th nov , had bloods ,ECG and saw doctor and dietcian , have to start my pre-op diet two weeks before surgery , i just waiting for surgery date now . got fundding but having op a private hospital spire in wirral meseyside .

7 weeks milk diet i was only eve old it can be done fora maximum of 3 weeks no moor please re check it seems to long
Hi DJ Dave, The mik diet for 9 weeks followed by the soup and yoghurt diet is a new approach by UCH for those they want to loose more weight before surgery. I have lost 15.8 kg so am pleased with the results today. Lucky that I like milky coffees!! Thanks for your concern. Cx

9 week milk diet - wow that’s a very long time i was advised by my hospital not to do it for more than 10 days as its too restrictive on the body.
How are you finding it so far ???
Hi Amy, I have lost 15.8 kg so am pleased with the results to date. Lucky that I like milky coffees!! My hair and nails are still growing so currently feels okay. Also it is good to feel more mobile. Cx

hi , i had my pre-assessment on the 8th nov , had bloods ,ECG and saw doctor and dietcian , have to start my pre-op diet two weeks before surgery , i just waiting for surgery date now . got fundding but having op a private hospital spire in wirral meseyside .
Hi Tracey, Thanks for the info. I had my pre-op assessment yesterday at UCH London. They tested my blood, I had an ECG plus a check for MRSA. Also saw the dieatician for info on the soup and yoghurt diet which I will do for 3 weeks prior to surgery. Also gave info on post-op diet too. Surgery date is 20th December! Cx

I know how it feel I lost 7kg in a week and I was over the moon felt totally different. Well done on your weight loss you have done so well keep you the good work. Your op will be here before you know it.

Don't worry if you have to have an endo there's nothing to worry about it I did mine with sedation or spray it was totally fine x

Hi Tracey, Thanks for the info. I had my pre-op assessment yesterday at UCH London. They tested my blood, I had an ECG plus a check for MRSA. Also saw the dieatician for info on the soup and yoghurt diet which I will do for 3 weeks prior to surgery. Also gave info on post-op diet too. Surgery date is 20th December! Cx

We must of been writing at the same time lol, 20th December is not far away well done on getting your date x

Hi Cost I had my sleeve done yesterday at the UCH By Mr Adamo all went well I'm not really in pain just have a heavy feeling in the tummy also I have a LOT of wind/gas but other than that I feel ok. Good luck with your's and look forward to hearing from you soon CK xxxx

Hi CK, I am pleased all went well and good to know that Mr Adamo did the op too. (My italian friend has checked out his private website and thinks he is really dishy!!!). Glad to hear that you are not really in pain. Have they given you anything for the wind like peppermint - maybe that is why you have the heavy feeling.

i aMm still on track for 20th except the nurse called yesterday and they want to put me on stronger Blood Pressure medicine. So went to GP today who said it is normal for it to be 1 month before they check that the medicine is working ok; also she has no blood test results from UCL so has to wait to get them as my potassium was low too before she can prescribe. On the positive front I have lost 18.8 kg of the 20.2 kg they wanted me to lose before the op so all being well I should hit their target plus a little bit more.

Are you home now? Did they keep you in for 2 nights? Hope all is settling down for you. You are truly on the road to the new you!!!

Keep in touch - it is good to hear from you. Take care. Cheers Cost xxx

Hi

I a currently on the waiting list @ kings and want to move to uch if the waiting ist is shorter than kings which is 18 months.

how long were you waiting in total for you pre opp appointments?

Hi

I a currently on the waiting list @ kings and want to move to uch if the waiting ist is shorter than kings which is 18 months.

how long were you waiting in total for you pre opp appointments?

Hiya I had mine done at UCH I waited 4 month from the 1st appointment :)

I had my op sleeve done at uclh, it took 7 months start to finish including waiting 2 months for a sleep apnea sleep over.

That's great news thanks for getting back to me. How are you feeling since having it done?

I'm fine thanks do have days when I feel ill but I did have a leak!
On the up side I have lost 4 stone in 12weeks :)
Good luck with your op and let me know how you get on.
xx

DEANO76 said:
I had my op sleeve done at uclh, it took 7 months start to finish including waiting 2 months for a sleep apnea sleep over.

That's not long at all at least it will mean I get my pop done this year. How many incisions did they made and are you happy that you had it done? How much have you lost so far?

Thanks

cathykats said:
I'm fine thanks do have days when I feel ill but I did have a leak!
On the up side I have lost 4 stone in 12weeks :)
Good luck with your op and let me know how you get on.
xx

Hi Cathy

Thanks for your reply. That's amazing that you have lost so much. With regards to the leak did you have to go back into surgery to repair it and did this mean staying longer in hospital?

Thanks

Hi Cathy

Thanks for your reply. That's amazing that you have lost so much. With regards to the leak did you have to go back into surgery to repair it and did this mean staying longer in hospital?

Thanks
Heya I came home for the 1st 6weeks and I became very ill so was taken into hospital where they glued the leak and sent home. I was still feeling very ill so was taken back into hospital for another 2 & a half weeks on liquids only.
I've been home for 3weeks now and feeling much better . I have some good days and some bad but I'm very happy with my weight loss. xx

cathykats said:
Heya I came home for the 1st 6weeks and I became very ill so was taken into hospital where they glued the leak and sent home. I was still feeling very ill so was taken back into hospital for another 2 & a half weeks on liquids only.
I've been home for 3weeks now and feeling much better . I have some good days and some bad but I'm very happy with my weight loss. xx

Oh wow you have had quite a rough journey. I really hope the sickness stops and you can just crack on with your journey without feeling unwell. I guess the reality is this is what we have signed up for and we no that there is the possibility of it not going exactly according to plan. I'm just glad that you are being so positive about it. I'm a drama queen and I doubt I could be as positive as you are but I guess I'll have to cross that bridge if it happens. Thanks for always replying and I wish u all the best. Xxxxx

Back