• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pre op assessment

belbouteloup

Afternoon folks

Have a pre op assessment on wed morning and not quite sure what it is or what it involves, can anyone help ?

Ta

Bells xxxxxxx

hi bells,the pre op assesment involves getting weighed, taking your height and a health questionaire, they also asked me for a water sample. its all just to make sure that your fit for surgery.
liz xx

my pre op appointment was being weighed, then saw a nurse had mrsa swabs taken from my nose and armpit nice! then went and had bloods taken, then i saw an anethesatist who asked a few questions looked in my mouth and i was done with him then i saw a dietician who took me thru the pre op diet then the post op diet it all took about 2-3 hours

Yep for me I saw a nurse, who did an ECG, bloods, and mrsa swabs as well as going through a health questionnaire and making sure I knew about the op, including having any questions answered. I then saw an anaesthetist and a physio. Was there about an hour or so I guess. Good luck but it is nothing to worry about xx

Hi bells, i had my height, weight,BP and bloods done along with MRSA swabs. I also had an ECG done. They also asked a series of health questions about diabetes, BP etc. It was all very straight forward and gave me lots of oppertunities to ask questions. Good luck x

Back