• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Update and a question!

uglyduck16

Hiya everyone

It's me - Lizzie - I'm now 2 and a half months post bypass and I thought I would update you with progress - highs and lows etc! I've lost nearly 3 stone :):):):) that's the best bit! I've been feeling fairly good on the whole. I've been able to eat most things - have had a tummy pains and diarrhoea (SP???) when I have eaten sugary stuff. BUT at the moment I have not eaten anything like that at all and I'm struggling with sharp tummy cramps. The sharp pains come and go but yesterday, I took all my vitamins for the first time and had (and still have) tummy cramps. I had a follow up with the nurse yesterday - she told me to stick to liquids for the weekend and to go back onto my 'fasttab' which I hadn't taken for 4 weeks as the doc told me I didn't need it!!:mad::mad:. It doesn't really make sense to me as I thought the fast tabs were for reflux. Anyway, has anyone else experienced these types of pain at this stage (or any other!) post bypass? On a general note, still no regrets - generally life is good - I feel much healthier than pre bypass. Hopefully this is one of those little blips!!
All for now
xxx Lizzie xxx

Hi Lizzie Im only 5 weeks post op but yesterday I had pains in the same place as if some one was sticking a knife in me. Also I have been told that the fasttab I have to take forever along with calsium tabs and vitamin tabs. Congrats on the weight loss thats great

Hiya Tina
Thank you for your reply, it is reasuring to know that I am not the only one experiencing these pains- although I do not wish the pains on you!!
I am just a big worrier so I always worry that there could be something wrong!! :rolleyes:
Xxx Lizzie xxX

Tummy pains that feels like a knife going through you is generally trapped wind in the pouch. It's caused by eating too quickly and hurts like heck.

Small bites and slow down prevents that one. Tummy cramps that go on for a while could be a small blockage. When I had this though it was accompanied by being unable to even drink anything for about 12 hours.

Have not personally had any other pains, aside from trapped wind further down (like you could get pre-op), which is easily solved with some deflatine.

Hi Lizzie,
First of all well done you with your 3 stone weightloss, That is excellent!!
I am so pleased for you that your feeling better, I have them pains now and again and I think its either because I eat to fast or wind lol, so I wouldn't worry to much. Its really nice to hear from you again xxx

Hiya Lizzie well done on the weight loss, the others have coveered the pain, if it persists though i would consult your GP just to be sure, but if it doesnt pass then it is wind or blockage

I havent had the pain since saturday and also when I had the pain all I had was water and no food. I just kept thinking the surgeon had left something sharp inside me lolol

hello, congrats on your weight loss,

as far as taking the fast tab is concerned I have been told that we take it to prevent stomach ulcers.

Keep up the good work!!!

Mandy x

Hi Mandy just wanted to say I have never seen anyones ticker so close to target well done chick it looks very impressive...xx

Well done with the weight loss love!!!

I get the nasty sharp pains when I take my vits and supps too!!! Horrible innit?? That pain can almost feel like its in your back rather than your tum!!! I have to just try and space out all the vits over the course of the day to avoid it, but even then some of them are like torpedos and hurt just on their own!!:sigh:

Claire i have no problems at all with the vits or calcium, i have a chewable multivit which tastes good, just needs careful chewing, and i take a soluible calc which also helps detract from the taste of my other meds as i still crush them rather then risk a tablet getting stuck

Back