• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Diarrhea and Tummy Cramps Question

channing28105

I had RNY Gastric Bypass done in July of 2012 I am wondering is it normal for a person who had the RNY Gastric Bypass and their Gall Bladder removed to have Diarrhea and Tummy Cramps every single day?

Channing

well i had DS nov 11 but only had my gallbladder removed this dec gone and i seem to have constant diorrhea i thought it was just till everything settles down again but maybe not :( i hope not though feel rubbish enough without that as permanent thing too x hope you get a proper answer i will be reading with interest :)

I would have avisit to your gp or ring the hospital help no. that will have been on your sheet when you came home.I am totally the other way struggle to go its better now almost 17 months post but still not easy all the time, just get it looked into, may be a side effect of meds you are taking, shouldnt have to put up with that day in day out. xx

hmmm maybe irritable bowel syndrome?? I would deffo go to gp as chrisa has said not nice suffering daily x

Hi

Having Diarrhoea every day is certainly not a normal sign of RNY Gastric bypass.

You need to speak to your team ASAP.

Diarrhoea every day is a sure sign you may be suffering from Malabsorption, as the food is not staying in long enough for everything to be absorbed.

Get it sorted ASAP.

Paul

I had diarrhoea and vomiting a lot in the beginning. A lot! but it wasn't normal. I saw my gp and spoke to my provider who gave me lots of support, anti sickness tablets and medication to redehydrate me. They also did blood test every few days in the beginning to keep an eye on things. Some of us struggle a little more that others, make sure you get in touch with your gp and provider, you will be fine but might just need some extra help x

When you have your gb removed the liver has nowhere to store the bile. It is therefore secreted constantly into you stomach. Usually the problems with toiletting occur first thing in the morning as that's when the stomach has had
Most time to accumulate the bile. Your doctor should be able to give you something to take in the morning before you eat to help with this.

Back