• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Chichester bypassers and the pre-op!

angelwings25

Likes Vanilla Lattes
Hi guys, my mum just made me think about something i've not even considered and its so simplistic i feel so stupid!! This is for those who have had the bypass at St Richards in Chichester - when you got the pre-op appointment did you already know your surgery date or were you given this after the pre-op and how long is the surgery after the pre-op? For some reason I thought it was like a week later HA HA HA!!! Silly!! Would really appreciate the insight even if you didn't go to St Richards all and any responses welcome, my mum is waiting for a text from me! LOL :D thanks lovelies xxxx Laura xxxx

ok i had a call 9 days before my op date, info re: milk diet over the phone by Christine the lovely secretary then she emailed that info to me.... given pre op appt for the friday before surgery date for the following Wednesday all one hell of a shock but so glad it happened that way. Might be different now, hope this helps you, any other info you need don't hesitate to yell. xxxx

I had mine done in sheffield and had my pre op before knowing my date (big c*ck up with secretary) and finished up having my op 5 months after pre op assessment. I'm sure I should have had another one because the pre op only covers you for a few weeks. Good luck and hope you get a date soon xx

i was banded in st richards and same as tubbyspud i had a phone call to say pre op was the following friday and op was booked in for 5 days after. it was all quiet short notice but stopped me worrying

Thanks guys, thats quite reassuring really. I asked my mum as she has had operations before but she had a pre-op and she said that it lasts for up to 3 months before you would have to have another one so to know that it is definitely a week band or bypass im sure its the same at least as you say Serenity it stops the worrying and its bish bash bosh done! I am getting so stressed waiting for this letter or call or whatever I've got a Friday in August I can't go for the pre-op and I've got a week off in September where I am going to the Lake District. I had my last appt 3 weeks ago on Monday with dietician, how long did you guys wait till you got that "call"? I'm so worried its going to fall on a time I can't do and then i'm worried they will say well you can wait a few months and give it to someone more flexible. I'm not saying i'm not flexible its just I work for a family business and there is a wedding weekend 15th August and I have to work as there is no-one else!! Argh!! Sorry i'll stop my ranting now! :D xxx

i had a call 3 weeks before surgery with the date and my pre op was 11 days before op .i think you always have your date before pre op .good luck with yours xxxxxx

Thanks guys, thats quite reassuring really. I asked my mum as she has had operations before but she had a pre-op and she said that it lasts for up to 3 months before you would have to have another one so to know that it is definitely a week band or bypass im sure its the same at least as you say Serenity it stops the worrying and its bish bash bosh done! I am getting so stressed waiting for this letter or call or whatever I've got a Friday in August I can't go for the pre-op and I've got a week off in September where I am going to the Lake District. I had my last appt 3 weeks ago on Monday with dietician, how long did you guys wait till you got that "call"? I'm so worried its going to fall on a time I can't do and then i'm worried they will say well you can wait a few months and give it to someone more flexible. I'm not saying i'm not flexible its just I work for a family business and there is a wedding weekend 15th August and I have to work as there is no-one else!! Argh!! Sorry i'll stop my ranting now! :D xxx
Hi from my initial appt with shaw sommers i waited 6months 1 day. xxxxxxxxx

I'm sure if you contact Christine and explain the situation, they can make a note on your file about dates you can't do etc. After all we have had to wait all this time for them....there has to be some flexibility on their side too!!!

Back