• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

urgent please help

carol150

past my goal down to 11st
:wave_cry: hi i need some urgent help have one hell of a back ache keeping me up at night cant sit cant stand cant do any think have not been to the toilet for 3 days when this back started to hurt was given lactolos from the hospital but cant take it it makes me throw up to sweet rang the chemist they said he can not advice because of my bypass and cant get in touch with surgeon please help pulling my hair out:cry:

i was prescribed milpar which doesnt taste nice but is very gentle on the stomach. can you phone your baraitric nurse for advise?
Shells
x

When it comes to the constipation if u cant get to ur doc today then go to the chemist and u can use either Movicol, senna liquid or Glycerine suppositories all of them are all ok and i have used all 3, when i was badly impacted i took movicol and also senna liquid and all was ok within 24 hrs.
Your back pain if it carries on u should def go to see ur doc as it could be many things that none of us are qualified to say what it could be, i suffer with chronic arthritis in my back and most of my joints plus sciatica so i can relate to you there,if the pain is really bad pls go and get an urgent doc app for today so u can get something to help with ur pain.

Hope you feel better soon xx

i got movicol from my dr, it tastes like salty water, its not nice, but it works, and not in a harsh way, it really helped me get back on track

.x.

I cant stand the movicol but the trick for me is to pour it into a mug of very cold water then add some sugar free squash and it tastes much better and def bearable x

How are you now Carol?

I would 2nd the glycerin suppositories, I used them for a while as I can't take liquid medicines at all (they make me sick) and it worked really well.

Rx

Suppositories that these guys are talking about are fantastic and will have movement in no time. I too was given movicol and although its not nice, it does the trick. Of course the best thing you can have day to day is extra water. The reason you can become constipated then impacted is lack of fluids - as soon as you water the blockage down it will pass in no time.
To not sound disgusting - when I was severly impacted a sport of vaseline applied to the area with a plastic glove was also a life saver! HTH x

hi all thanks for the advice it really helped ihave used the suppositories and have got some more lacto from the chemist it is not so sweet as the one the hospital gave me does anyone no how to stop this from happening a gain is it somthing i am doing or not doing ? thanks again you are all great

The best thing i can tell u is up ur fluids and def get some movicol from the doc and take it every day to just keep things moving, constipation is something that many of us suffer from post op.
Glad the suppositories worked for u xx

I agree with Roch, keep fluids up its the best way! Good luck hun x

Back