• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

very little weight lost.

Vickys

Hi all

I am new to this so hopefully this thread will come up!!

I had a lap band fitted Oct 09. To date I have only lost 1 stone 6lbs. Had another fill yesterday so hoping things will get moving (am now 12mls in a 14 mls band).

Has anyone else had similar problems shifting the weight?

Vicky x

I am not a brilliant loser, in fact i lost 4stone in the first 4 months then kinda stuck. It got to me so much as i thought a gastric bypass was a miracle cure and it hasnt been for me. But then i sat back and addressed my own habits and realised that although i very rarely now eat junk food i was not doing what i should be. A croissant was jumping into my mouth on the way to work, i wasn't eating a big lunch so i could have a bit of the yummy pudding in the canteen at work, all those silly things that we do to get us fat in the first place... So after this earth shattering discovery i took myself off to weight watchers, if nothing else it has me addressing and thinking about every morsel that passes my lips...

Being a bander (in my reckoning anyway) you have a heck of a struggle with willpower and waiting till you hit that 'sweetspot' we hear so much about.

How many fills have you had and what kind of things make up your daily food diary? It may help if you post on here so that a bander can give advice xxx

Thanks Neen, I will give both of those a go. Can't believe the weight loss has been so slow but following the band fill yesterday am feeling motivated again!

Thanks Julie.

I have had four fills, last one was yesterday. Am nearly at max restriction so hopefully things will now get moving.

If I am honest I have had a few glasses of wine about 3 times a week so need to avoid now if I want to kick start the weight loss.

Just posted today's intake on the link you gave Neen so hopefully it is on there now. I am not great with computers so bear with me!

I am not a brilliant loser, in fact i lost 4stone in the first 4 months then kinda stuck. It got to me so much as i thought a gastric bypass was a miracle cure and it hasnt been for me. But then i sat back and addressed my own habits and realised that although i very rarely now eat junk food i was not doing what i should be. A croissant was jumping into my mouth on the way to work, i wasn't eating a big lunch so i could have a bit of the yummy pudding in the canteen at work, all those silly things that we do to get us fat in the first place... So after this earth shattering discovery i took myself off to weight watchers, if nothing else it has me addressing and thinking about every morsel that passes my lips...

Being a bander (in my reckoning anyway) you have a heck of a struggle with willpower and waiting till you hit that 'sweetspot' we hear so much about.

How many fills have you had and what kind of things make up your daily food diary? It may help if you post on here so that a bander can give advice xxx

Hi Julie,

Don't sigh now!... but its me moaning about my weight loss again. I am still struggling to lose significant amounts per week and eat normal solid food. Like you, I dont consider the Gastric Bypass to be a miracle cure and know that I am expected to work at it for life but after spending thousands on the surgery I would have expected the result of Bariatric Surgery to be Weight loss.

I have never cheated since day since the day I started a pre op diet so this is not reason for my slow weight loss. If I thought that I could lose 4 stone in 4 months, I would develop wings and fly. I cant imagine how that must feel but its exactly what I expected to happen and according to Mr Shaw Somers Weight loss Surgery videos, a stone a month loss is exactly what a Gastric Bypass Patient should expect. A plateau may be reached at about six months but thats not always the case either.
I just wanted to reiterate that if the patient is totally compliant, painfully slow weight loss shouldn't be part of the deal, whatever method of surgery that they have had.

Last edited:
Back