• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Visit to Consultant......

fizzwoods

NEED TO LOSE!
Well, I have been to my first appointment with my consultant, Mr Decadt at Spire Regency, Macclesfield. What a nice man :)

He went through all the details and risks my op entails and then said that he would be happy to carry out my operation..:D:D One thing that may be a bit different is that when he has a look inside, he may have to give me a 'sleeve' instead of a bypass, due to me having a cesaerian 2 years ago. Apparantly, the c section may have moved my bowel and or bladder????????????:sigh: I won't know what I would have had until I wake up!!!

Only thing that I am worried about now is the fact that he is expecting me to loose 1-2 stones on the pre op diet!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek:

I just have to wait now, for my operation and pre-op assesment date. The secretary said its looking at end Jan beginning Feb!!!!!:)

That's good news hon ... lots of people are pre warned that they may get a sleeve rather than the bypass but not many do. A sleeve is a good option anyway so whichever you wake up to will do the job. Bet you can't wait for your op date ... woo hoo xxx :):)

Thanks Twink,

No, its just the waiting now... But hey, I've waited this long what difference is another few months????

xx

Thanks Twink,

No, its just the waiting now... But hey, I've waited this long what difference is another few months????

xx

1-2 stone weight loss at a guess!

My friend had the sleeve. She lost 2 St on the pre op and had he op 28th August and is a further 7st down now. She did start over 30st. But her loss has been phenomenal. She went in for the bypass. They said if her weight loss stalls in the future they may revise it to a bypass :)

FuturePerfect said:
1-2 stone weight loss at a guess!

Very true! :D

How long has your wait been so far Fizz?

I have waited about 14 months. I finished all the dietician appointments and CBT back in August, but they just didn't hurry with my reports and they only went in for funding in October..

fizzwoods said:
I have waited about 14 months. I finished all the dietician appointments and CBT back in August, but they just didn't hurry with my reports and they only went in for funding in October..

I bet it feels like it gas dragged on forever! Hope things speed up for you soon xxx

Back