• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Seen consultant at SRH!

shellyd

Well ive finally seen the consultant at SRH and he has put me forward for the op after he was happy with my weight loss. I need to have the endoscopy and he didnt really say much about how long the process takes... he said months, but how many months? i NEED this now lol! so happy its finally starting to come together though xxx

Bet that was a relief, knowing that you are starting to get somewhere though. good on ya x

Hiya I cant remember how long I waited from surgeon to endoscopy think it mite have been about 3 mth then it was 4 mth from endo to op. Your op day will be here b4 you no it, just make sure u dont gain any weight bk on they really strict with that Good Luck XX

Last edited:
Hi Shelly, I had my endoscopy on December 8th and I am waiting for a surgery date. I was told officially that I they couldn't give me a date but it would be within 6 months. However, from what I have seen on this forum, it does seem as if it is more like 3 or 4 months.

Thanks so much for the quick replies, i had a load of questions to ask the surgeon but they all went out my head when he said i was getting put forward for my op lol. Im going to keep doing weight watchers up until i eventually go on my pre op diet (whenever that will be) defo not going to put on any weight xx

Gr8 news! I waited 7 weeks for my endo in December and have been told it will be a max of 6 months for surgery but they're working to about 3/4 months at the moment. Hopefully it won't be long now x

I met with Surgeon in June had my endo Sept and op Jan 10th but that was because the found a bug when they did the endo that had to be treated good luck and maintain the weight as somone else said they are very strick about that x

Hiya,

I had my endo today, and was told that it is usually 4 - 41/2 months to the op, but at the moment it is longer. The surgeon said that it should be done within 6 months to meet NHS targets.

So - I am expecting it to be 5-6 months from now.

Any quicker will then be a total bonus!

When you go for endo, just ask, as it does seem to change.

And keep an eye out for me - if I am just ahead of you, it gives you an idea.

I have people I watch for closely who are ahead of me!

x

My sister went yesterday got excepted for bypass and he said in a few weeks she will get endo and then pop alltogether he said it could take 7-8 months hopefully urs will be quicker good luck xx

Sorry I ment op not pop lol x

I had my endo today, and was told that it is usually 4 - 41/2 months to the op, but at the moment it is longer. The surgeon said that it should be done within 6 months to meet NHS targets

That's gr8 news hun. You're on the waiting list - woo hoo! Xxx

Thanks newcy!

It feels good to have another step checked off.

I hope you get your date SOON!!

x

Back