• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1st long awaited appointment with consultant!!!

fizzwoods

NEED TO LOSE!
Well, after 14 long months, I have got my first appointment with my consultant on 29th, Tuesday.:D:D:D I have got a long way to go, Regency Spire Hosp in Macclesfield. Its a 65 mile round trip!!:eek:

I can't wait, but part of me is questioning if I can go through with the whole thing:cry: I have never had a planned operation or been in hospital, apart from having an emergency c section with my little girl, 2 years ago.. I had epidural not G.A. I am a little bit unsure of the unknown????!!!!

wow good for you good luck anyway to my hospital is a 202 mile round trip i use this time to think and reflect all the best dave x

It's getting nearer and I am slightly apprehensive... What to expect from this appointment and will I get an op date? :confused::confused:

My Hubby coming with me, but I just can't help but worry that another hurdle will be thrown up!!:cry:

Everyone has these demons nibbling away at their resolve :( I did & have lived to tell the tale that I have absolutely no regrets :) Good luck with your consultation, you may feel more positive when you have been xx :)

Thanks alot Denise.. Role on Tuesday!!! xx

Good luck fizz. You could use the time to chat with your man with no kids about. Haha a rare moment. Or take your favourite disco music and go 'carseat dancing'. It's such fun!! Just watch the other drivers faces when you whizz past singing at the top of your voices and shaking your little booties :) I recommend queen it can really get you going. Haha
I hope all goes well x

Little Booties?????:8855:He's an 18 stone rugby player and me!!!
Seriously, thanks hun. Its great to get in touch with folk who are on same wavelength..... Judging by your 'queen' remark, your from Liverpool???

Well, I'm a good old fashioned woolly back and love to chat, so feel free anytime and lets keep each other updated!!:D

What surgery are you planning?
I'm hoping to have a band fitted sometime before Christmas. I am going to ring and book my first appointment in the morning :)
I think I will choose spire Wirral for ease of treatment both pre and post op.
Let me know how you get on then x

I am having a sleeve done at murryfield spire in Wirral they are amazing , can't wait for my surgery in Jan2012 had pre-assessment on 3rd nov all the best girls , xx

What surgery are you planning?
I'm hoping to have a band fitted sometime before Christmas. I am going to ring and book my first appointment in the morning :)
I think I will choose spire Wirral for ease of treatment both pre and post op.
Let me know how you get on then x

I want a gastric bypass....:) I did have the option to go to Murrayfield but didn't want to wait any longer for appointment, so I accepted Regency.

Where are you fizzbobs? Did you get eaten up by the disco car journey monster?

I'm off to Zumba. Speak later??
Sue

Hiya Suse...

I only come on once I have got my 2 year old daughter in bed.

Everything went ok, I met the dietician and consultant. He says that he is happy to do the operation and explained everything and all the risks. He wants me to loose between 1-2 stone on pre op diet!!!!?????????:eek::eek::eek::eek:

My operation is looking to be end of January begin of February...:party0023:

How was zumba, you shake your shimmy?????

Hiya, just wanted to say Hello I'm Liesa and am on the waiting list for gastric bypass due to be done at kings college in London sometime in Feb...
I'm going to try and reduce my portion sizes from now on and want to physc myself up ...
good luck xxx

Well done fizz
I'm glad it went ok for you :)
You can easy work towards 2 stone loss. I have been very good for last two days trying to stick to low carb fat diet. Just had an extra bowl of porridge and feel full (at last!!!).

Zumba was great but they have introduced too many new dances (I haven't been for 3 weeks). Might try and fit one in again later this week x
Anyway take care x
Sue

Liesa said:
Hiya, just wanted to say Hello I'm Liesa and am on the waiting list for gastric bypass due to be done at kings college in London sometime in Feb...
I'm going to try and reduce my portion sizes from now on and want to physc myself up ...
good luck xxx

Hi liesa
Not long to wait is it.
New year, new life x

Back