• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Vitamin help

Rainbow1233

I'm confused about what vitamins to take? I'm think a liquid form as I've had a bypass? Can some tell me what they take please?
Thank you :)

Hi boots a-z multivitamins, and cal calcium tablets and b12 injection every 12 weeks. I don't take my iron anymore Or Lanzoprazole. But every hospital gives differing advice! The hospital gave me liquid tablets straight after my op for about a week. X

Hi I didn't get vitamins to take home either but was told to get a-z ones to take. Good luck!

Asda a-z are just the same as boots, but cheaper and usually on 3 for £10. I took tablets from day 1 post bypass. The sooner you start, the easier it is. If you think you can't do it you won't do it. Good luck :)

I still have to take lots of oral meds for my heart , I take chewable multi vits that I brought for two months from a Baratric mega store and chewable calcium. I thought I would so this for two month just to. Give the pouch time to heal . I'm lucky I have a medical except card so I then ask my GP to px. Oh I also spoke to my to the pharmacist and ask that it get flag on their computer that I had gastric bypass , just because I know they role is to check on prescriptions and they will know if a GP px and it's not good for my pouch ! !

My consultant dietician sent a letter to my doctor saying I need Forceval vitamins, lanzaprazole, Ferrous Fumarate iron, Calceos chewable calcium, and a B12 injection every 3 months, indefinitely, non negotiable funny how everyone is different.

Hi Hun I had bypass 5 weeks ago and hospital have me abidec multivitamin drops they are for children but fine to take for first 6 weeks till you can take tablets. You can get them from chemist xx

Thank you guys, great helP. It is funny how some hospitals/providers work. I've not been told to take any vitamins but read it in their guide book! Good job I read it :)

Back