• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Vitamins

Bullyfun

Awaiting date for banding, can anyone enlighten me on what vitamins or suppliments i will be taking once all is done and im shedding the pounds? :confused:
also where from and can they be gotten in liquid form.

cheers in advance

I was drinking the seven seas tonic for ages but now have the chewy multivitamins or the centrum multivits and minerals but have to cut those ones in half to swallow them..

The hospital should send you home with a prescription for liquid stuff, they did with me. I started Sanatogen A-Z gold prior to surgery and then again 8 weeks post surgery when I could take large pills again. I had to take liquid iron for the first 8 weeks (prescription from hospital). Tastes foul but if you dilute it with water its just about palatable. Swopped onto ferrous suphate 200 mg x 3 a day now. Think for the first 8 weeks you really dont need to panic as you are still vitamined up naturally!

I was given Dalivit drops and they are VILE! So as soon as I got home I swapped them for Haliborange Vitamin Syrup. It's lovely. I will go back onto my usual Multivitamins from Sainsbury's as soon as I can swallow pills again. With a band I don't think you have to take other supplements - am I right? xx

I was advised to take a good multivitamin and mineral supplement and they also advised a calcium supplement which I did inthe beginning but haven't taken that for months..

Back