• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tablet meds after bypass

carrieb

Happy Bypasser
Hello Bypassers - I've forgotten when I can start taking my meds in tablet form again - I'm now 5 weeks post bypass, and no problems. Still trying to take my meds in liquid form but they make me gag (sorry!!) so struggle to get them in every day. Wondering if it's ok to revert to tablets now?
Thanks

Check with your team to be sure but I was on them pretty much from day one as a lot of my meds couldn't be in liquid form. I take them one at a time with a short gap between.
But every team has their own personal guidelines & preferences so best to check.

I continued tablets as some of mine did not have a liquid form. Check your provider.

I'm planning to stick with tablets as any viscous liquid I swallow (ahem) makes me gag... hopefully my team will be supportive! best of luck xxx

Hi
I have started taking my tablets, I just make sure l spread them out during the day. Started soft food at the weekend and all seems ok.How is it all going? Helenx

Thanks everybody - will give tablets a go then, as I'm 5 weeks post op.

Hi
I have started taking my tablets, I just make sure l spread them out during the day. Started soft food at the weekend and all seems ok.How is it all going? Helenx

Hi Helen,

Going well thanks - down nearly 3 1/2 stone (pre and post op) so pleased with that, although not enjoying eating at moment - seem to be living off milky drinks and cereal - not good! How about you?

Nearly 3stone off since pre op, but have no restriction yet and have to use my head not my pouch for portion sizes!

Back