• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

vitamins

shelly130672

Hi trying to find out about what vitamins I need to take after gastric sleeve surgery,and if they are supplied by hospital or if I have to purchase them myself for when I come out,also does anyone know how long you are in hospital with gastric sleeve

im a bypasser but im taking CENTRUM WOMEN 50+ im not yet 50 but it was recommended to me as it has all the things I need I get them in asda 3x bottles(30 pills in each one ) for £10 you can get much cheaper ones ie £1 shops all do the same thing ,ive checked them out or shop brand versions read stuff online saying all med have a standard they all MUST follow its us feeling happier about branded versions so next time I will go cheaper
hope that helps

Hi trying to find out about what vitamins I need to take after gastric sleeve surgery,and if they are supplied by hospital or if I have to purchase them myself for when I come out,also does anyone know how long you are in hospital with gastric sleeve
Hi Shelly
I was in hospital 2 nights with my sleeve and had no complications.
I have a prescription for calcichew, vitamin b complex both 2x daily, b12 injection every 12 weeks and I was told to take 2 multivitamin tablets daily. I take asda ones as they're cheaper but started with centrum.
For the first 3 months I also had to take omeprazole.
I ended up buying one of these to keep track of my tablets!!!

image-2431192304.jpg

Thank you for the advice,I have been concerned about the vitamins because I am epileptic and I know some vits can affect my epilepsy meds

Thank you for the advice,I have been concerned about the vitamins because I am epileptic and I know some vits can affect my epilepsy meds

You will be best to check this out with both your gp and pharmacist to be safe shelly

Remember too it's multivit & minerals we need to take ;)
Everyday I take two centrums, 2 adcalD, 1 Asda hair and nails and get my vit b 12 injection every 12 weeks if not sooner if required.
Also important to remember to space out the calcium and vits with at least 2 hours between them as they counteract each other if taken together.

Back