• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What vitamins do I need to buy?

Mrs Noodles

I'm having a sleeve on Saturday and I'm wondering what vitamins do I need to take as I want to buy them before the surgery.

I'm having pre op and seeing the dietician tomorrow.

I got the centrum chewable for the first 6 weeks and then I've got foreceval on prescription once could eat proper good luck for staturday x

Thank you, did you have to ask your GP to prescribe the Forceval?

Only thing i'm stressing about is the clexane injections afterwards

Yes I got them from gp not sure if you can get them over the counter but they are like horse tablets huge lol and I promise you the injections are fine I've done them twice now the thought of it is worse than actually doing it you'll be fine once you've done the first one x

Yes I got them from gp not sure if you can get them over the counter but they are like horse tablets huge lol and I promise you the injections are fine I've done them twice now the thought of it is worse than actually doing it you'll be fine once you've done the first one x

ha ha I hope so, I'm such a wuss when it comes to needles and can't trust my husband to do it for me as he's too heavy handed! :eek:

I buy a pre pay prescription certificate and get vitamins Forceval, calcos vitamins c&d, benefiber fiber powder and the strawberry stomach liner tablet which I cant remember the name of. It works out cheaper as I also have bits for my bad eczema. Hope that helps

I buy a pre pay prescription certificate and get vitamins Forceval, calcos vitamins c&d, benefiber fiber powder and the strawberry stomach liner tablet which I cant remember the name of. It works out cheaper as I also have bits for my bad eczema. Hope that helps

Thanks BBC, I have a pre payment certificate too so perhaps when the surgery is over I need a discussion with my GP on what vitamins I need.

Go by what your provider recommends you will need vitamins and calcium d supplement in any case

I couldn't tolerate the Forceval at all. Made me heave when drinking it. I think I had chewable ones for a few weeks and then thought, because I was already taking full capsules of omeprazole, the gall bladder tablets (can't remember their name) and the vitamin D tablets etc, one more multivitamin tablet would be fine. It was and I've continued with the Sanatogen A-Z Complete ever since.

I take centrum chewable, iron tablets and I'm supposed to take adcal d3. I didn't want forceval as its yucky!

I take centrum chewable, iron tablets and I'm supposed to take adcal d3. I didn't want forceval as its yucky!

Why is the forceval yucky? Is it liquid/soluble? Or is it because they are too big to swallow?

I've got foreceval tablets they are big capsules but not yucky think that must be the liquid for post op I took centrum chewable for first six weeks but am managing ok with the foreceval now just a bit daunting to look at lol x

Back